The hollow argument of beef-lovers is as follows:
“What I eat is my choice. Who is any government or moral police to dictate what I eat or do not eat? Will they ban spinach and lauki also tomorrow if I am offended? This is communal politics of right-winged Hindu fanatics and must be opposed.”
On surface, it appears so reasonable and logical. But let us scratch the surface and explore how silly is this movement against Beef Ban.
We give 15 ways to silence them. If these beef-lovers try to refute one or more of the arguments, tell them that they must refute all of them to justify their stand. It is like someone who is facing trial for murder of 20 people tries to prove that 3 of them were murdered by someone else. It does not matter. Unless you can prove that not even a single murder charge is valid, you will face death sentence.
So either refute all, or your drama is exposed.
1. The ban on cow slaughter and most cattle is already existing in majority of states of India. Were these beef lovers sleeping like Rip Van Winkle for last 68 years? What were they eating so far? Were they indulging in illegal activities? Why they did not show their beef love so far? Why they could not raise a movement against beef-ban in last near-seven decades?
2. No one has any problem with what you eat and what you do not. You are free to eat even from the commode in democracy. But the ban is not on eating. It is on killing of cattle. Now people like me have several objections to killing of cow (and cattle in general). If you can create beef in laboratory without killing my mother, I have absolutely no issues with you.
But if you want to kill my mother in name of democracy, then better explore that democracy in Somalia or ISIS zones.Your freedom to swing your arm ends where my nose begins.
3. Yes, it is true that for overwhelming majority of India, cow has sentimental values. They consider cow as mother. Their most popular God – Lord Krishna – is known as Gopal for his love for cows. On every occasion – birth, death, festival, happiness, sorrow – feeding and worshipping cow is considered a primary duty. There are multiple festivals dedicated primarily to cow. And this respect is extended to cattle in general. Bull is considered as companion of another revered God – Lord Shankar.
It does not matter whether you agree with this cow worship or not. But so far majority of Indians consider cow as mother, killing of cows cannot be acceptable. Think of it. Say I name an animal on your mother and slaughter it. I write name of a Hindu God, Prophet Muhammad or Jesus Christ on an animal and slaughter it. I desecrate a temple, mosque or church. I draw a cartoon of a Prophet. Will you encourage this kind of behavior?
If yes, I will call you pervert. But that is besides the point. First dare to perform such acts as above, post videos of same on youtube, put your address in description and raise a movement to allow you such crazy behavior in name of democracy. Don’t have double standards in your apparent love for freedom.
If no, then slaughter of revered mother cow and associated cattle cannot be accepted in a country where cow is foundation of religious and cultural ethos of majority.
4. Don’t give the sick argument that cows and cattle are mistreated in the country. Don’t prove to me that most cow-sellers for beef production are Hindus. Hence ban on beef shows double standards.
If above is indeed the case, tell me instead, what you propose to do to help solve this problem. Reality is also that women are unsafe in many parts of country because of attitude of society. That does not mean having punishment for rape shows double standards. Your sick argument mirrors exactly the views of rapist in Nirbhaya case.
You cannot rape a woman just because women-safety is an issue in the nation! On contrary, tell us whether you are ready to save dignity of woman at any personal cost?
5. It does not matter what the religion of all beef-producers in India is. What matters is that …….
For complete content of this post, you can buy copy of following Agniveer book. Simply click and order your copy. Happy reading.