1. Because Akbar was a Turk invader and Maharana Pratap was an Indian freedom fighter.
2. Because Akbar was proud of his lineage of mass murderers like Babur, Timur and Genghis Khan. Maharana Pratap had a lineage of brave warriors like Bappa Rawal and Rana Sanga who saved India from foreign invasions by Akbar’s fathers and grandfathers.
3. Because Akbar had 5000 women as sex slaves in his Harem whom he raped and tortured for decades. Maharana Pratap never raped anyone. He never had a harem.
4. Because Akbar abducted Hindu women and made them wives or sex slaves. Maharana Pratap called captured Muslim woman as mother and sent her home with gifts.
5. Because Akbar was known by the number of women in his harem. Maharana Pratap was known by the number of kilograms his spear weighed.
6. Because Akbar destroyed Hindu temples. He desecrated the idol of Eklinga Ji and built a platform for offering Namaz on it. Maharana Pratap did not destroy a single mosque in his lifetime.
7. Because Akbar’s first condition in the treaty of Ranthambhor was that Rajputs should send Dolis of their women to his royal harem in return of freeing soldiers. Maharana Pratap refused to send even a single woman to the rascal’s harem which triggered Haldighati war. Pratap went to fight many times bigger army just for the honor and life of helpless women.
8. Because Akbar used to celebrate victory over Kafir Hindus by raising pillars of cut heads. On 2nd September 1573, he raised a pillar of 2000 cut heads in Ahmadabad. Maharana Pratap never mutilated the enemy’s corpse.
9. Because Akbar butchered 30,000 non-combatants including women and children in a single day on the conquest of Chittor fort thereby breaking all previous murder records set by his fathers and grandfathers. Maharana Pratap’s aggression against unarmed people is yet to be found in recorded history. He even used to kill soldiers only when they had swords in their hands.
10. Because Akbar used to offer water to dying enemy soldiers and kings in shoes. Maharana Pratap hugged his enemy Shakti Singh when he apologized.
11. Because Akbar threw a servant from the top of a tower just because latter mistakenly slept near former’s bed. Maharana Pratap used to eat together with Bheels ( a poor tribe in Rajasthan) and common people.
12. Because Akbar was a drunkard and drug addict. Maharana Pratap never tasted drugs.
13. Because Akbar made all small kings, soldiers and people bow before him. Maharana Pratap never made anybody bow before him. And he was the man who never bowed before Akbar.
14. Because Akbar was a fanatic Islamist who changed the name of Prayagraj to Allahabad. He even renamed Maharana Pratap’s elephant Ram Prasad as Peer Prasad after capturing him in Haldighati. Maharana Pratap never changed someone’s religion be it a person or city or animals!
15. Because years after marrying Man Singh’s sister, Akbar forced his granddaughter into his harem. Maharana Pratap was the brother of sisters and father of daughters of his kingdom.
16. Because Akbar was the part of Ghazwa e Hind campaign- Concept of bloody conquest of India by Islamic forces with all idol-worshipper men killed/converted to Islam and all women enslaved/raped- as per some holy (?) texts. Maharana Pratap was the one who spearheaded the mission to dispatch these Ghazwa Jihadi rats to hell and make every single life in India secure.
17. Because there are enough movies and soaps glorifying this rascal rapist Akbar. But very few on great Maharana Pratap.
18. Because you don’t remember pigs. You remember lions.
19. Because you don’t want your generations to sing glories of a mass murderer who taught others how to loot, rape and invade. But you must want your generations to sing glories of a warrior who taught you how to dig graves of monsters like ISIS and Akbars who are after your women, lives, and nation.
20. Because this will pave the way to change names of other roads/places kept after rapists like Babur, Lodi, Shahjahan, Jahangir, Shershah Suri, etc.
PS: All facts stated here have been taken from Aain e Akbari and Akbarnama by Abul Fazal (Akbar’s Navratna and historian), Akbar the great Mogul by Vincent Smith and other noted historians.
Vashi Sharma is a respected energy scientist with numerous international level publications. He is a doctorate from IIT Bombay and a scientist with Ministry of New & Renewable Energy. He teaches at NIT Jaipur. He is an expert in concentrator optics and works in domain of optimal utilization of solar energy.
Please sign the petition to make it happen:
Rename ‘Akbar Road’ as ‘Maharana Pratap Road’ – Stop glorifying rapists and killers! | Change.org