If we go by facts, and not feel-good fairy-tales, all Mughal rulers from Babur to Aurangzeb were no different from Osama Bin Laden (Al Qaeda Chief), Baghdadi (ISIS Chief), and Mullah Omar (Taliban Chief). If these modern terror outfits are able to keep control for a long period, probably the textbooks of subjugated territories will also hail them as heroes. And roads will carry their names long after they are gone. And then, many imprisoned minds will vehemently protest against any insults to these role-models. Simply because their brains have been hopelessly patterned since childhood to sprain with pain at even the hint of their deeply-held fantasies being fantasies.
India, however, chose to display the will to break away from this mental captivity by renaming Aurangzeb Road to APJ Abdul Kalam Road. The shame we carried for years in name of one of the most notorious terrorists ever in history will be replaced with pride in name of a hero whose entire life was dedicated to fight against terror.
Sri Maheish Girri is my close friend. He has become even closer to heart by championing this worthy cause that has been shaking me for several years. The PM of India, CM of Delhi, everyone who endorsed this move, and everyone who worked towards making this a reality have all earned my respect.
But there are many more whose minds are not free and heads are not held high. For them, replacing a terrorist with hero is unfortunate because Aurangzeb himself was a ‘hero’ and ‘history cannot be changed’. I wonder what their views had been if a road and memorial was named on someone who raped, killed, and looted their own family!
People like me, who consider India to be mother, and every innocent Indian to be family, can never understand such cockroach minds.
Cockroaches are indeed most beautiful creatures. They are true survivors. They have existed since beginning and will never go extinct. Meat, sweets, stool – they can eat everything. The beautiful dark-brown creature with slender antennae and compound eyes that can sense everything. The silky wings can glide, and the spiny delicate legs can walk on everything. They rule the world of darkness. Harsh temperatures, hunger, or pesticides – they adapt to everything. Only a gifted can become a cockroach.
Our freedom fighters were anti-thesis of cockroach. They sacrificed their happiness, families, and lives for their ideals and vision. Survival was the lowest priority for these legends. They would not tolerate rule of invaders who rape and kill.
But cockroaches can go to any extent to survive. They would rally behind funeral of a bomber. They would glorify murderers and invaders. And see a hero in a terrorist. For such minds, here are glimpses from ‘historic heroism’ of Aurangzeb that cannot be changed. I hope this brings some sense of shame, if not outright change in thought patterns.
Respect for women
1. Aurangzeb had 1000 sex-slaves in his harem. (Akbar had 5000, and Jehangir 6000. So Aurangzeb was 6 times less pervert.). Almost all of them were Hindu women either kidnapped, purchased, swapped, or forced into prostitution.
ISIS is glorifying the same legacy – exploit unlimited non-Muslim women in night and serve cause of Allah, then wake up at 4 am for prayers and again serve cause of Allah! Meanwhile follow the divine order of having only 4 official Muslim wives to yet again serve cause of Allah! So that 72 virgins are allotted in Heaven as rewards for serving cause of Allah!
Both heroes upheld the dignity of Islam as well as their delicate relationship. As per these heroes, ISIS, IRF, Taliban, and other Islamists, it is completely Islamic to have as many concubines as one can afford. It is completely Islamic to abduct non-Muslim women, enhance brand equity through mega-harems and create innovative exchange offers, cash-back schemes, auctions, sales and buy 1- get 2 free deals to better serve the customers of flesh.
Scientists like APJ Abdul Kalam, who were too busy serving cause of nation to think of exploiting women, are not even considered Muslims by these prophets. No wonder, when Dr Kalam died, no prominent Muslim leader issued even a condolence.
3. Continuing the age-old tradition of Islamic zombies who murdered even the family of revered Prophet, Aurangzeb killed his father and three brothers to capture the throne.
4. He knew his own deeds as well as those of his forefathers. So he arrested his own (legal) son and declared in his will, “Never trust your sons!”. (The number of non-legal sons through concubines is a question of historical speculation and some simple analytics.)
Destroyed temples and gurudwaras
5. Aurangzeb destroyed countless temples, gurdwaras, and schools because he believed Hindus to be worst of creatures. Kashi Vishwanath temple, Kesava Deo temple (birthplace of Lord Krishna), and Somnath Temple were three prominent shrines that had to face his hatred for Hindus. The Ram Temple of Ayodhya had already been destroyed by Babur in memory of his gay-partner Babri.
Beheaded Guru Tegh Bahadur
6. He brutally beheaded the Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur because the Guru refused to convert to Islam even after his associates were murdered in front of his eyes. He spent his entire life fighting Guru Gobind Singh. He killed many Sufis because, like ISIS and Al Qaeda, he believed Sufis to be anti-Islamic.
Forced Conversion in Kashmir
7. Aurangzeb put a special focus on forced conversion in Kashmir because it was the most prominent seat of Hinduism since ancient times. The Hindus were forced to choose between death & rape, and Islam. The exodus of Kashmiri Pandits began since then. Guru Tegh Bahadur championed the cause of Hindus and was given the same choice. He happily chose to die. But his legacy ensured that the brutal Mughal rule died down within no time. Today, the children of these terrorists like Babur and Aurangzeb are begging on platforms of Lucknow and Howrah station.
Gabbar Singh of medieval India
8. He imposed Jizyah tax on Hindus as a price to live without embracing Islam. When a group of peaceful Hindus protested, he had them trampled under elephants.
Ban on Diwali
9. He banned fireworks and imposed restriction on celebration of Diwali.
Agenda of Hinduism destruction
10. Hindus were banned from riding horses, traveling in Palkis, and riding elephants because they are not at same status as Muslims.
11. He announced rewards and honors for those Hindus who converted to Islam.
Top 10 quotes and deeds of Aurangzeb
(from original edicts. Refer http://www.aurangzeb.info for images)
I. “In Islam, it is a sin to even look at a temple.” – 13 Oct, 1666
First step in right direction
Yes, the 89 dark years of history when such a monster lived on earth cannot be changed. But what must change is glorification of such monsters. Else, there is no reason why Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus should not be named Ajmal Kasab Terminus in memory of 58 innocents massacred there. We have already seen trends of this in hero’s farewell given to Yakub Memon for his achievement of killing 259 innocents.
Renaming Aurangzeb Road to APJ Abdul Kalam is first brave step in right direction. This must be followed by:
– Renaming all Babur Roads, Akbar Roads, Shahjahan Roads, and Jahangir Roads after Rana Sanga, Hemu, Rana Pratap, Durga Das Rathor and Chhatrasaal. Heroes and villains are above any religions. Still, if one needs to highlight Muslim heroes of India, replace the names of invaders with those worthy names that remain in oblivion: Ashfaqullah Khan (who was hanged by British), Abdul Hamid ( Param Vir Chakra), Hakim Suri Pathan (Commander of Rana Pratap), Siddhi Halal (Commander of Shivaji), Brigadier Usman (who was martyred fighting Pakistani raiders in Kashmir) and many more.
– Destroy the fake mosques built by Aurangzeb and reinstate the temples at Kashi and Mathura.
– Build a grand temple at Ayodhya to remove all remnants of invader Babur and his memory of gay-partner Babri. (Yes, Babri was Babur’s homosexual love interest)
All patriots of India – Hindus or Muslims – must join hands and rise above petty religious bigotry for pride of nation. All monsters must be disposed to the place they deserve – trash bin. And heroes must be lifted to the pedestal they deserve – our memories, our emotions, our aspirations, and our roads that lead us to the goal of swabhiman (dignity).
Kalam gave his life for this swabhiman. We must live our lives for this swabhiman.
Complete works by Sanjeev Newar and Vashi Sharma! Agniveer’s complete book collection.
Life-changing works of Agniveer on Hinduism, Yoga, motivation, spirituality, Moksha and burning issues concerning society, nation and Dharma.More info →