J&K Tourism Department has renamed Hari Parbat (mountain of Lord Hari) to Koh-e-Maran (mountain of snakes).
1. Hari Parbat is one of the holiest shrines for Hindus in Kashmir overlooking Srinagar. The name Srinagar itself is derived from Goddess Srichakra of Hari Parbat temple.
2. When the Afghani terrorists – Durrani dynasty – captured Kashmir in one of the bloodiest chapters of world history, they renamed Hari Parbat to Koh-e-Maran as part of announcement of Jihad against idol-worshipping Hindus. The Sikh rule restored sanity in the valley from 1819.
3. This is not an isolated incident. Recently Kashmir government turned blind eye to rape threats and assaults on NIT Srinagar students whose only crime was that they loved India more than themselves. The government, college administration, police, local separatists – all came together to take advantage of a Central Government whose top-secret masterstroke diplomacy overwhelms things that ordinary people like me or freedom fighters would value most.
4. Mosques are rampantly being built to encroach on Hindu shrines.
5. Two years ago, Kousarnag Yatra for Hindus was banned, while a temporary mosque was allowed to be built. Check this link.
6. Another mosque has been built to block the Yatra route for Vasuk Nag temple. https://www.facebook.com/sanjeevnewar/posts/10154216296726742
Innumerable such examples exist.
Analysis (Harsh but true)
7. If in 2016, after owing allegiance to Indian constitution, J&K government is showing ‘chutzpah’ of renaming Hindu pilgrimages abusively and blocking Hindu pilgrimages, imagine the state of affairs in last 700 years of Jihadi rule in Kashmir and 1300 years of terror attacks in India.
8. In those centuries, there was no media, no smartphone camera, no internet. Each and every ruler of Kashmir and Delhi was a mass-rapist and mass-murderer. Not just an ordinary murderer, but someone who would fetish in innovative brutal ways of rape, killing and display of the kills. Example – trampling under elephant, gouging out eyes, cutting each body part slowly and over a period of several days, ordering women to stay naked all around in durbars for real-time rapes at blink of eye, distributing women of captured territories as booty to soldiers, and what not.
9. Whatever was written by sycophants of these perverts became history. Even the above perversions have been glorified these sycophants. In that era, these were considered high-points for the ruler, like ISIS feels proud in shooting videos of brutal killings.
10. There is no evidence apart from writings of these sycophants to establish the founder of any monument built in Muslim rule.
11. If these sycophants are true, then all these rulers were rapists and murderers. Any mention of these rascals without criticism is an insult to millions of Nirbhayas and Jishas, and zillions of terror-attack victims. Then these constructions are not “heritage”, but symbols of shame for us.
12. If we go by what this moderate Kashmir government is doing today, it is blatantly obvious that all these claims of Islamic architecture in India are nothing more than examples of forceful acquisitions under threat of rape and murder. Why should I believe in silly tales of sycophants of perverted terrorists?
13. And till you give such proofs, it is more reasonable to assume that terrorists and rapists have not built anything of art. They just acquired or plundered. The above examples clearly reveal the tendencies. And there are hundreds of examples of mosques built over rubble of Hindu temples. You can see walls with statues of Hindu gods (but broken heads) even today.
1. Revise the J&K Tourism Department document to call Hari Parbat as Hari Parbat, and not mountain of snakes.
2. Kashmir government must apologize and explain why they allowed use of an abusive term for a Hindu pilgrim after misdeeds of Afghani terrorists.
3. Remove all mosque constructions from Hindu temples.
4. If that is not possible, allow construction of Hindu temples in mosque areas. Secularism cannot be one way.
5. Change history books, websites and government publication to highlight any case of rape or murder by any ruler. Exclude him or criticize him. Anyone who rapes or has fetish for brutal killing is a rascal. Period.
6. Central government must come out strong on issues of nationalism and cultural heritage. Their soft stand on NIT Srinagar, Hari Parbat, and other related issues is against Bhagvad Gita. Ironically, a prominent leader of Central Government wants Gita to be national book of India. Let us practice and be Gita ourselves.
7. Remember life will end one day. All political power will burn to ashes at cremation ground. No bhakt, no diplomacy, no tweets, no likes will go with you. Only Dharma will. So live a Karma Yogi. And if need be, happily die a Karma Yogi. Don’t compromise. That is the message of Gita.
Sanjeev Newar is a data scientist by profession. His risk management products have been named in top 20 of world for 2014 and 2015. He is the only Indian (and Asian) to have ever made to this list. He has been behind several inclusive and encompassing innovations. He is a mentor to several eminent young scientists of country. Sanjeev is an alumnus of IIT Guwahati and IIM Calcutta.