Although those well versed with history and present know that Hindus and Sikhs are siblings. With common blood and ancestry. But for some decades the idea of separatism has been rising its head.
Today it touches the dangerous mark. Many people are confused as to what is truth. Many are deliberately trying to create divide.
Are Sikhs and Hindus one or different? Lets settle this debate for once and for all. A quick factsheet for haters –
1. Sikhs are Hindus. Hindus are Sikhs.
Get it straight.
2. Guru Nanak’s father was a Hindu.
3. Most Punjabi Hindus have Guru’s pics on their walls.
4. Guru Arjan died for Hindus.
5. Guru Teg Bahadur died for Hindus.
6. Many Hindus died for Sikh Gurus. Remember who carried away Guru Teg Bahadur’s head so that it couldn’t be touched by bast*rd Mughals? A Hindu.
7. Do you know how many times Guru Granth Sahib talks about Ram and Krishna?
Ever heard Bhajans of Madhusudan, Baal Gopal, Man Mohan from Gurudwaras? No?
8. Ever heard Benti Choupai of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj? What does he say in that? Shiv, Brahma, Vishnu. Sikhs visit Vaishno Devi and Salasar. Hindus visit Gurudwaras.
9. Holiest Sikh Shrine is not named a Gurudwara. It is called Hari/Har Mandir.
10. Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj proudly claims ancestry of all Sikh Gurus from Bhagvan Ram in his masterpiece – Bichitar Natak
11. Maharaja Ranjit Singh conquered today’s Pakistan, Kashmir and land of Pathans. And he declared the first day- “No cow will be slaughtered from today. Its not permitted in Dharma.”
12. Guru Gobind Singh Ji proudly remembers how his father Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji died for Dharma‘s sacred Tilak and Janeu.
13. Veer Banda Bahadur was Hindu Rajput who fought under the inspiration of Guru Govind Singh and retaliated for the killings of Guru Govind Singh’s sons.
14. Sikh Gurus raised an army of warriors and protected India.
Hindus worship Sikh Gurus.
Sikh Gurus sang Bhajans of Krishna.
Now decide for yourself who are Hindus and Sikhs.
– By a Hindu who is a Sikh
~ Vashi Sharma