- Prashant Bhushan – First reason why I am no more Anna
- Shanti Bhushan – Second reason why I am no more Anna
We usually do not publish articles focusing on living persons and focus on concepts instead. However in wake of national interest, we are forced to make this exception. Earlier we had made an exception for Zakir Naik for exactly the same reason – ‘threatening sympathy’ for terrorists. But this one is a bigger concern in our view, since the protagonist is among those behind whm the whole nation had rallied blindly very recently to help us eradicate the nuisance of corruption. But do we need terrorists to destroy corruption?
Yes there is bitterness, frustration and at times even arrogance in this article. But this is not to deride any individual. Our goal is to portray an honest picture of the mind of an Aam Aadmi who can think and reason, is emotional, has been ditched several times by his heroes but yet loves his nation more than anything else.
Read on the confessions of an Aam Aadmi.
Before I begin…..
Please don’t get me wrong.
I am also yet another Aam Aadmi who has had enough of all the dirty politics surrounding the erstwhile Lighthouse of World, my motherland, India. I am tired of this corruption and realize that we need to take drastic measures to get rid of it. I being an Aam Aadmi who does not have VIP access to echelons of powers and power brokers realize the pain of corruption much more than even all my elite leaders fighting against corruption – Senior Lawyers, Bureaucrats, Police Officers and Global Swamis.
I admire the simplicity of Anna. I am astounded by his power of Brahmacharya that made him survive for 12 continuous days without food. A feat that even the most powerful yogic powers of the world could not achieve despite glucose support.
I, like millions of non-Maharashtrians, had not even heard about Anna until a couple of days after BCCI won World Cup on home turf of ICC President Sharad Pawar – one of the most upright persons known to human civilization. And within a couple of days, we had a fully-grown leader for entire ‘civil’ society. Nothing short of the miracles we hear in mythology where an angel suddenly appears or a God suddenly incarnates to save the fallen ones. We have been hearing for ages that only a miracle can save India. And here it was! Who would not have welcomed this incarnation?
The last time we put our hopes behind an incarnation was in 1989 when we had VP Singh emerging to clean all the alleged garbage of erstwhile dynastic leaders. Within 2 years, we realized that this was yet another occasion when we were fooled. But that was 20 years ago. A new generation has come now and hence there is another opportunity to take a chance for sake of Mother India.
So who cared what exactly the demands were? Whether they have been duly and thoroughly evaluated by relevant experts or not? Whether they were practical or not? We needed a context to take those in power heads on and we had got one! We wanted a leader and we had got one! We needed a new personality to worship and we had got one! Everything else was secondary now! All we wanted to do was to don an Anna cap and shout ‘I am Anna’.
But I am no more Anna
But I am no more Anna. I may have been swayed by bandwagon but now I can think again. Of course this is partially attributed to my gurukuls who taught me never to accept a design too early and too fast without due examination. So short-term hypes and personality worship is definitely not my cup of tea. I still respect the great social worker like thousands of other great legends that the nation has produced, but it would take much more than a few months of media coverage to hail him as ‘above Parliament’ like an Arvind Kejriwal did. I would term it as sycophancy or chamchagiri – the very source that later leads to corruption.
But this is not the only reason that I am no more Anna. I would have neglected this reason for sake of unity among dedicated nationalists.
But I love India. And hence I hate terrorism.
I hate the fact that thousands of my innocent brothers and sisters were killed due to terror attacks in recent times and the threat continues to loom. I hate corruption as well. But I do not believe that we invite terrorists to solve issue of corruption.
Afghanistan was critically ill few years ago. Then Taliban came to power and corruption decreased. Do we want this sort of Talibanization to get rid of corruption? If no, then I am not Anna.
Do we need snakes to kill a frog?
Because a man is known by the company he keeps. There is no way for me or anyone to peep into heart of anyone including Anna and see what goes inside. The only way to assess that is through his company and track record.
Unfortunately, the coterie surrounding Anna is that of proclaimed sympathizers of terrorists. And hence I am not Anna.
I read a story in Panchatantra that a frog was tortured by his relatives. He got so frustrated that he called a snake to get rid of the relatives. The snake killed all the relatives one by one and then killed the frog as well.
Moral of the story: You don’t invite snakes to defeat frogs.
=> You do not invite terrorists to eliminate corruption.
Prashant Bhushan – the first reason
Mohandas Gandhi had very strong opinion regarding lawyers and profession of law. While I do not agree to this view in general, if Gandhi had the Bhushan father and son in mind, perhaps he was nothing short of a visionary. Look what Gandhi wrote about lawyers in his seminal work, The Law and the Lawyers:
I have suggested another difficult matter , viz. that the lawyers should suspend their practice. How should I do otherwise knowing so well how the government had always been able to retain the power through the instrumentality of lawyers. … When it comes to a matter of action against the Government, when it comes to a matter of paralyzing the activity of the government, I know that the government always looks to the lawyers….. to preserve their dignity and their self respect. [Page-126]
…those who would not suspend practice could not and should not become leaders. [Page-131]
In my opinion those lawyers who have not yet succeeded in suspending their practice, cannot expect to hold any office in any Congress organization or lead opinion on Congress platforms… If we do not face the issue boldly, we stand in danger of corrupting the movement…. Lawyers, who have hitherto led public opinion, have either renounced practice or public life.[Page- 136]
I cannot conceive the possibility of the movement, which is one of self sacrifice, succeeding if it is led by lawyers who do not believe in self sacrifice… I can certainly imagine a brave and believing weaver or cobbler more effectively leading than a timid and skeptical lawyer. [Page- 140]
They (lawyers) are eager to take part in a national awakening. The spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. I still feel that practicing lawyers cannot lead. They cannot but weaken a movement which demands complete, almost reckless, sacrifice. The whole cause can be lost if top men weaken at a supreme crisis. [Page- 142]
Lawyers will, as a rule, advance quarrels instead of repressing them. Moreover, men take up that profession, not in order to help others out of their miseries, but to enrich themselves. It is one of the avenues of becoming wealthy and their interest exists in multiplying disputes. It is within my knowledge that they are glad when men have disputes. [Page- 253]
I wonder what made Anna Hazare, who considers Gandhi as his guru, to forget such crucial advise of his mentor and include, not one but 2 controversial lavish lawyers from same family! What made Anna not see clearly what Gandhi could see several decades ago!
But blame of creating this terrorist threat also goes to IIT Madras where Prashant Bhushan is supposed to have studied for one semester. I don’t know what happened there but he left the field that Gandhi loved so much to take the profession that Gandhi hated the most. Had IIT Madras been a bit more gentle, perhaps he would have continued his engineering profession and Anna team would have been one member cleaner. But destiny perhaps wanted him to be a successful lawyer who could charge lakhs for each single hearing of even PILs. In Gandhi’s words, “we now stand in danger of corrupting the movement against corruption”!
Here are the TOP 5 Reasons why I consider Prashant Bhushan as a terrorist threat and agree fully with Gandhi’s visionary views:
1. Prashant Bhushan considers Kashmir as separate from India.
In April, he visited Kashmir as part of a Center for Policy Analysis (CPA) group comprising like minded ‘civilians’ to raise voice against Indian Military. He was quoted as stating: “Our role is to facilitate a dialogue between Kashmir, India and Pakistan.”
So he assumes a priori that Kashmir is a separate sovereign entity different from India.
He and is brother-in-glove Agnivesh revealed from their secret intelligence sources that: Pakistan or LeT has no hand in Kashmir unrest!
Bhushan went on to announce that he would approach Supreme Court against Indian Military for spreading unrest.
One wonders if it is an Indian national speaking or an ISI agent from Pakistan?
How can I support any public movement that is led by enemies who openly express their desire to break my motherland?
2. Bhushan has gone ahead to extent of stating that India should liberate Kashmir.
This was exactly why he was thrashed recently by a sentimental youth who loved his nation but did not know how to express his dissent given the media blessings to anti-Indians. While I disagree with such frustrated attempts and value freedom of expression, I also believe that even if this happened, it is not worth being condemned so prominently. After all Bhushan was not killed or raped or beaten out of his home, unlike the fate of lakhs of Hindus in Kashmir Valley and those dying in terrorist attacks performed by supporters of Bhushan ideology.
When we shy from condemning so many deaths and tortures, why should thrashing of an agent of ISI raise such hue and cry? How many roadside brawls do we cover in national news? What makes this event so special then!
Anna himself recently said, after public pressure, that if would even go up to war with Pakistan to defend Kashmir. Then why create hype over someone hitting a Kashmir Separatist and ISI agent but also ensuring that he faces no injuries.
(Now some may say that I am being jingoistic by calling Bhushan an agent of ISI for exercising his right of freedom of expression. But then even I am also exercising the same right with one added effect – that given the available facts, it is 1000 times more likely that Bhushan is a paid agent of ISI and terrorists, than Indian Military, Judiciary, Public being communal or spreading unrest.
So if I have to choose my stand, as a logical person, I shall choose the more probable stand – that Bhushan is a paid ISI agent and threat to sovereignty of nation THAN consider the entire majority population of a state, entire judiciary, entire police and entire military as corrupt or communal.)
3. He has a habitual hatred for Gujarati people. He is on record for lying again and again that more than 2000 Muslims were killed in a state abetted pogrom.
The official figures are 254 Hindus and 790 Muslims. Refer
– Does this exaggeration not amount to undue sensationalization for vested interests and spreading communal hatred through misinformation? This seems to come straight from typical ploys used by enemy nations to bring civil unrest through false propaganda.
– If Bhushan has special information about more than 1200 unaccounted Muslim deaths, why does he not help government locate these dead bodies?
– Why does he fail to mention more than 250 Hindus who were killed as well? Why did he never state that those who burnt the coach at Godhra or failed to condemn this incident and instead created reasons to explain this barbaric episode were butchers?
(I, as an Aam Aadmi, know that any killing of innocent is most inhuman thing to happen – be it through riots or through burning of coach. Those guilty must be punished severely. But to sensationalize such events and trying to give it communal color or make baseless allegations without proofs amounts to even greater crime – because this leads to further hatred.)
– What proof does he have that the riots were state sponsored? Is Bhushan above law? The matter is in Supreme Court and in last 10 years, not one single evidence was ever found against Modi? Even if we assume judiciary to be corrupt, as assumed by Bhushan Junior, what power does Modi have to mould the Supreme Court when the Central Government as well as even segments of his own party/alliance have been his critic?
– Further Modi has come to power with overwhelming majority not once but twice, and has garnered even votes of Muslims? Does this not amount to charging majority of population of the model state of India as rioters?
– If indeed the riots were state sponsored, the court will decide about that and give due punishment. And we would respect verdict of highest court of the land. But who is Bhushan to pronounce anyone as a criminal? And if he has the evidence, why does he not bring it to public notice instead of indulging in hate-speech to instigate violence? Or is it that just as Anna is above Parliament, as alleged by Kejriwal, Bhushan is above Supreme Court?
– Does Bhushan being a lawyer not know the basic pillar of legal system – that no one is guilty unless proven? The matter is in courts against Modi for a decade and the whole world seems to be against him thanks to media hype against him. Had even slightest of evidence been found against Modi, he would have been cornered by now. The very fact that this did not happen implies that Modi government having anything to do with riots is highly improbable. At least more improbable than Bhushan being an ISI agent.
– Why does the same Bhushan not appreciate the Gujarat Government for being a model state of development praised even by erstwhile detractors including US Congress? Or is it that he has a personal agenda that is beyond objectivism?
– Ironically, or perhaps logically, even the terrorists whom Bhushan and his father support cite the same anti-Gujarat reasons to plant bombs and kill innocents.
Do we have any fact on record to conclude that Prashant Bhushan is NOT an agent of terrorists?
On contrary, from available facts, it seems 1000 times more likely that Prashant Bhushan is an enemy implant than the allegation of Gujarat violence being state sponsored or Indian police being communal.
4. He is alleged to have stated that Indian Police and Judiciary are not only corrupt, but communal!
This is a serious allegation. His logic is that in most cases of terrorism, Muslims are arrested by Police and not Hindus.
By this logic, even CIA is communal. So is every other anti-terrorist organization. Because if you look at the list of Most Wanted Terrorists and Most Wanted Terrorist Organizations issued by any agency, it has 99% Muslim names. So if most terrorists come from Muslim background, even those being captured would be Muslims.
No, please do not get me wrong. I do not assert that all Muslims are terrorists. I state that most terrorists are Muslims. And that is because Islam has been hijacked by terrorists like Al Qaeda, Talibanis etc. Hardly any other religious group except Muslim groups proudly claim ownership of any terror attack.
Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East, Egypt, Somalia, Sudan etc all are under grip of terrorists. The innocent common citizens there are not to be blamed, but it is inevitable that they would have to face problems until terrorism is ruthlessly destroyed. Even Muslim intellectuals of the world are worried about this growth of radical cult in Islam. Our collective goal should be to destroy the roots of terrorism and hence help innocent citizens – be they Hindu, Muslim, Christian or whatever.
But by giving communal color to this, people like Bhushan are only helping delay this process.
If one looks into issues raised by Mumbai Attackers, Mujahideens etc, they also raise exactly the same issues – Gujarat, Communal Police, Torture of Muslims in India. So it is very likely that both Bhushans and these terrorists get their campaign documents from same source. At least it is more likely than police and judiciary being anti-Muslims!
On contrary, there are reasons to believe that often non-Muslims are targeted in India as suspects in terror attacks merely to prove that terrorism has no religion!
if indeed Indian Police and Judiciary are so corrupt and communal,
– what is Mr Bhushan doing in this system as a lawyer? Why does he not resign from this rotten system?
– why does he charge lakhs for each hearing?
If he too is charging millions to establish truth in a corrupt system, why then create hype over ‘India against Corruption’. After all will not corruption rule when one has to pay hefty price to establish truth! What can be a better example of shameless doublespeak. It is presence of people like Prashant Bhushan who are responsible for whatever corruption we have today! And they now lead us against corruption!
To proclaim entire Military, Police and Judiciary System to be corrupt and communal amounts to being nothing less than an anti-national with hidden interests served through spread of unrest and panic in India.
So if at all there is a remote possibility that whatever this ISI agent – Prashant Bhushan – is speaking is true (that entire Military, Judiciary, Police is communal), then it is 1000 times more likely that Prashant Bhushan himself is a paid ISI agent deployed by enemies.
5. A die-hard terrorist sympathizer
– After the Batla House encounter, he was among the first persons to visit and state that youths killed were innocent. No tears were shed for the brave police officer Mohan Chand who laid his life for the nation. Would Bhushan dare to explain if youth were so innocent, how could they kill and injure police officers?
Based on demands of these anti-nationals, a NHRC enquiry was setup whose report was submitted to Supreme Court. Based on that, a clean chit was given to Delhi Police.
It is a matter of shame that even after that, Bhushan did not apologize and pay his homage to brave officers who risked their lives.
Perhaps the most honest statement came from Muqtedar Khan, Director of Islamic Studies at the University of Delaware. He spoke against what he called the “intellectually dishonest” representatives of Muslims who “live in denial”…”They first deny that there is such a thing as jihadi terrorism, resorting to conspiracy theories blaming every act of jihadi violence either on Israel, the U.S. or India. Then they argue that unjust wars by these three nations [in Palestine, Iraq and Kashmir] are the primary cause for jihadi violence; a phenomenon whose very existence they have already denied.”
But Bhushan has nothing to do with these honest Muslims. For him Muslims mean only the terrorist groups and their sympathizers.
– An even more shameless assertion from Bhushan was that if at all there is some terrorism from Muslims, it is only after 2002 Gujarat violence.
As if Al Qaeda, Taliban, Indian Mujahideed, Babur, Ghori, Ghazni, Aurangzeb were all saints!
– He even gave a veiled threat that ‘biased terror probe’ will increase terrorism. This is exactly the language that Mumbai attackers used! So does the erstwhile ISI Chief Hamid Ghul and even Osama Bin Laden.
This is just a summary. Readers can explore more on this threat to nation. There are already allegations of Prashant Bhushan’s questionable practices where he is supposed to have taken money to dupe even his own clients.
As we have said again and again, if at all there is a remote chance that whatever Bhushan alleges is true, then there is 1000 times more chance that Bhushan himself is an agent of Al Qaeda or a similar terrorist outfit. A traitor of same league as a Jai Chand or Mir Zafar.
What else could explain his posh lifestyle, his father taking up cases of terrorists and he shouting anti-India rhetorics and condemning our own military/ judiciary/ police?
So until such an agent of terror sits in Anna’s think-tank, I am anything but Anna.
In fact I will have nothing to do with Anna.
Baba Ramdev vs Bhushan
Bhushan was the one who insisted that Baba Ramdev – who started the anti-corruption movement much before Anna – be kept out of Lok Pal Committee. And then both the ISI agents – father and son Bhushans – got into it. Was this a conspiracy of enemies of nation given the pro-terrorist track record of both Bhushans?
The reason cited was that this is a policy issue and we need experts and not Yoga guru.
Whatever be the competency of Baba Ramdev, at least there is no reason to believe that he has anti-national intent. Also what is the business of 2 lawyers in a committe which is supposed to be futuristic and not backward looking?
Lawyers specialize in dealing with existing rot in the system. They are like the typists who know how to type. But we need a computer to replace the typewriter. So if Baba Ramdev had no place in committee, so should have been case for 2 lawyers with dubious track record and known love for terrorists. An organizational system specialist from a successful organization would have been better.
Questions to Anna
– What is an anti-Indian who openly questions sovereignty of India doing in your think tank?
– How was such a threat shortlisted in first place in your think-tank?
– When is he going to be kicked out? If not why?
– What evidence is there to prove that a ‘civil’ society formed in a non-transparent manner led by pro-terrorists actually not a conspiracy of enemies of nation?
– Anna recently said that he believes Kashmir to be integral part of India. Then why is there a slightest delay in kicking him out? Does it not smell fishy?
– Anna himself may be a pious simple-hearted noble person. But that only proves that while he is a great saint he is not the right person to offer leadership in an environment infected with conspiracies and corruption and double-games. Or maybe he has some other compulsions that rest of us are not aware of. After all transparency – the very necessary pillar for anti-corruption – has never been a characteristic of Anna led campaign.
Until a clean, capable leadership emerges,
until all the above question are satisfactorily answered,
until all those who have vocal pro-terrorist stands remain in leadership,
until all those who shy away from kicking such pro-terrorists out remain in leadership,
I cannot trust such a leadership.
Politics is a curious creature.
So I know that Prashant may soon be kicked out of ‘India Against Corruption’ team soon due to mounting public pressure. But that will not be sufficient.
Anna will still have to explain in detail:
Why Prashant’s background was not checked in first place?
Why was there a delay in kicking him out even after his anti-India and pro-separation stand was publicly exposed?
Why should all those members be also not kicked out who either support Prashant’s views or condemned the attack on Prashant without clearly stating that Prashant also deserves strong condemnation? This includes Shanti Bhushan – a lawyer of terrorists, Kiran Bedi and Arvind Kejriwal.
If such shoddy pro-terrorist people can enter into top leadership of Anna’s team and form its bulk, what is the guarantee that same will not happen with Lok Pal?
More importantly, How do we be convinced that by supporting Anna’s movement, we are not being duped by terrorist conspirers who want to destroy India.
Hence, I am going to take no chances with my motherland.
I am not Anna.
I am pro-India instead.
In next part we shall dwell into another reason for ‘I am not Anna’. It is Shanti Bhushan.
(The article is based on information gathered from the sources cited within and assumes them to be true. In case the sources themselves are not authentic and refuted officially by representatives of Prashant Bhushan, we would be keen to modify the article appropriately as per alternative information provided to us.)