- Prashant Bhushan – First reason why I am no more Anna
- Shanti Bhushan – Second reason why I am no more Anna
- Yakub Lovers Ripped Apart
- Aurangzeb or Kalam?
- Agniveer Vows Revenge Against Brutal Paris Attack
We again begin with the note that our aim is no way to discuss a personality. However an exception has to be made because of the grave nature of their implications on nation.
The confessions of Aam Aadmi continues
I was overjoyed with the recent statement of Anna Hazare on Kashmir – that he is prepared to even participate in war to ensure that Kashmir remains an integral part of India. Such a clear and unambiguous stand is indeed welcome by not only the nationalists but also all logical and rational minds. With this clear statement, Anna Hazare has also made it clear that integrity of nation and fight against terrorism are significantly higher priorities for him than corruption. Thus, while his anti-corruption movement would remain totally non-violent, for sake of national integrity, he is prepared to transgress even this most fundamental principle popularly associated with Gandhi. So Anna has very clearly asserted that while corruption is a troublesome frog, terrorism and separatism are cobras. Something I wrote in my previous confession: http://agniveer.com/5704/i-am-no-more-anna-prashant I am starting to become Anna once again.
But I am still confused
The harmless scuffle between the youth and Prashant (where the youth beat up Prashant and then when his colleagues caught the youth, Prashant also thrashed him in angry retaliation and not self-defense) though not justified in any manner, was still a blessing in disguise. At least the nation got to know their anti-corruption leader better. And also that Anna Hazare loves integrity of nation more than anything else. But I am perplexed that not just one but two terrorist sympathizers still remain part of Team Anna. I am talking about Prashant Bhushan and his father Shanti Bhushan. Afterall Anna was so quick to sever ties with Ramdev simply because the Baba’s call for 11000 strong army to defend peaceful anti-corruption protesters made him fear that the movement may become non-violent. Then why this chutzpah of running a peaceful movement against frog (corruption) in a snake (terrorism/separatism) shadow?
Corruption of Bhushans is a non-issue
– No, it doesn’t matter much for me that how could only two lawyers from same family – with dubious track-records – got into Team Anna and drafting committee (one as a Chairman!) when India has hundreds of illustrious lawyers. I know it smells of nepotism or ‘dynastism’ but does that not plague even the political parties, governments, bollywood etc – the very forces that either favor IAC (India against Corruption) or are against it? Nepotism is a well accepted part of our culture today. Any selection that happens without a fair election process or without proven credentials of selflessness will always have nepotism. And be it Bollywood or politics, ‘dynastism’ is the mantra today. Rahul is future leader because he is son of Sonia. Sonia is a great leader because she was wife of Rajiv. Rajiv was great because he was son of Indira. Indira was Durga Mata (quoting from a speech from Atal Behari Vajpayee) because she was daughter of Nehru and so on. Same is case with almost every other ‘young’ political leader or film actor of today. Be it Gandhis, Scindias, Pilots, Dutts, Khans, Yadavs, Bachchans, Deols, Kapoors or whatever. So given the state we are in, nepotism and ‘dynastism’ appear to be minor issues, howsomuch demeaning they may be for a nation claiming to be largest democracy! – It also doesn’t matter that these two leaders of anti-corruption movements – Shanti and Prashant Bhushan – are themselves grappling with serious corruption charges. But they are secured because the Jan Lok Pal bill will also not be able to touch them! – So how does it matter that the CD in which Shanti Bhushan offered to ‘manage’ a high court judge for a fees through his son Prashant Bhushan was found genuine? “Prashant bahut achcha manage karte hain… iske liye bahut zyaada paise ki zaroorat nahin hai chaar crore rupiya bahut hai”
– Or that there is a notice pending on Shanti Bhushan for evading stamp duty of Rs 1.3 crores. – Or even that he bought a Rs 19 crore bungalow in Bangalore for a nominal discount of only ~99.7% at Rs 6.5 lakhs. – Or that two plots of farmland in Noida, of 10,000 sq m each, had been allotted to Shanti Bhushan and his son Jayant under the “open-ended scheme for development of farmhouse on agricultural land” by the Noida Authority in January 2009
I as an Aam Aadmi understand that corruption breeds from system, culture and mindsets and there will always be incentive for those in power to be corrupt. And an honest successful powerful lawyer would be an oxymoron. This is not my view, but that of Gandhi – supposed to be the guiding light of this movement against corruption. He writes in The Law and the Lawyers:
Lawyers will, as a rule, advance quarrels instead of repressing them. Moreover, men take up that profession, not in order to help others out of their miseries, but to enrich themselves. It is one of the avenues of becoming wealthy and their interest exists in multiplying disputes. It is within my knowledge that they are glad when men have disputes. I cannot conceive the possibility of the movement, which is one of self sacrifice, succeeding if it is led by lawyers who do not believe in self sacrifice… I can certainly imagine a brave and believing weaver or cobbler more effectively leading than a timid and skeptical lawyer.
But even Gandhi is a non-issue even though the IAC movement necessarily keeps a photo of Gandhi in background! – So it also does not matter that Shanti Bhushan claimed that 8 out of 16 Chief Justices of India were corrupt. I fail to understand what brought this sudden change of heart to reveal this secret after the cat has drunk the milk? Is it that he has renounced the practice of law as guided by Gandhi and wants remorse in this stage of his life? Does not look like from the other corruption charges on him. If he indeed had this information, what made him remain silent for ages? Why did he not bring this to public notice immediately after he got such devastating information about corruption at highest level and instead allowed this corruption to happen unabatedly for decades? Did he refuse to appear in their court, or instead ‘paid’ them as alleged in the CD? Is it that now that he has fallen out with his erstwhile partners (there appears no other logical reason why anyone would pay several lakhs for a single hearing to certain lawyers for the most ordinary case apart from his connections. Afterall all laws are in public domain, and most expensive lawyers aren’t necessarily with highest IQ score). Bhartrihari has said that lust is so powerful that it refuses to die even though the person is about to die! This lust is the root of corruption. IAC wants to eradicate corruption but sustain the root, perhaps! But then, as I said, these are non-issues. Corruption requires smarter transparent behavioral and organizational solutions. And till then the harsh reality of it being part of our mindsets, systems and culture remains something that we have to face regardless of howsomuch high moral stand we may pretend to take.
But we cannot tolerate terrorism
Terrorism however is a snake that is much more dangerous than the frog called corruption. It is more clearly evident and needs to be tackled on higher priority. We can still live with corruption and work gradually for its eradication. But death of innocents due to fanatic mindsets of few perverts can definitely not be acceptable. War against Terrorism is must to enable us to survive to destroy corruption. Thus any attempt to eradicate corruption with support of those with soft corner for terrorists and disdain for common citizens is akin to inviting snakes to destroy fellow frogs. That is why Shanti Bhushan is a grave threat for the nation. As we shall see, if allegations of Shanti Bhushan have any probability to be true, then the probability of Shanti Bhushan himself (along with his son Prashant Bhushan) being an ISI agent or a liaison agent for terrorists is definitely much more high. And hence, I would prefer to call Shanti Bhushan another dangerous ISI agent or terrorist than accept his (and his son’s) anti-national views. Here are some snippets from this ‘civil‘ terrorist.
Support of Mumbai blast accused
In 1994, he appeared for two of the accused in 1993 Mumbai Blasts in which more than 250 were killed and more than 1500 injured. He went on to allege that the court will not ensure fair and unbiased trial and give judgment based on prejudice. Thankfully his plea was rejected. Refer http://news.google.co.nz/newspapers?id=luIVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kRMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2103,2936835&dq=shanti+bhushan&hl=en
Defense of attackers on Indian Parliament
In 2001, the shameful attack on Indian Parliament which led to death of several brave police officers and civilians and injured many more was condemned across the globe, and not only by Indian nationalists. The attacks were carried out by Jaish-e-Muhammad, a Kashmir separatist group whose cause is strongly echoed in works and words of Bhushan father and son duo.
Counsel for Shaukat Hussain
Shanti Bhushan was quick to take up the case of defense of Shukat Hussain Guru, one of the main accused. After the court refused to relieve him, he appealed again against his 10 years rigorous imprisonment sentence. He went on to assert that in his submission on behalf of Shaukat Hussain Guru that his client “has been falsely implicated in the conspiracy case by the investigating agency.” The agency has not only “gone out of its way in concocting evidence,” it “had even gone to the extent of forging and fabricating important documents for framing the appellants and police officials had clearly given perjured evidence.” According to Shanti Bhushan, “the investigating officials have clearly committed offences punishable imprisonment with life under Section 194 and 195 of I.P.C.” “When such a serious offence has been committed by the investigating officials,” Shanti Bhushan continued, “it is only by having them punished that such fabrication of documents and the giving of perjured evidence can be stopped by the Court.” Refer: http://www.sacw.net/hrights/NMukherjiJuly292005.htm http://www.hindu.com/2003/10/30/stories/2003103007840100.htm http://www.indlawnews.com/Newsdisplay.aspx?5b7510bd-868e-4a1b-ad58-386ec7aeb7fd
Letter to President for Afzal Guru
While presenting arguments in favor of Shaukat, Shanti Bhushan asserted that he was being targeted merely because he was cousin of Afzal Guru, the main accused. This led to confusion among Kashmiri separatists with poor intellectual capabilities that Shanti Bhushan favors death for Afzal Guru. They issued a resolution protesting death sentence to Afzal Guru and noted that: At the Supreme Court the senior lawyer and former Law Minister, Shantibhushanji [Shanti Bhushan] , who was representing another co-accused told the court that Afzal was guilty and deserved to die. He made such statements throughout, both inside the court and in the print media. Refer http://www.revolutionarydemocracy.org/afzal/afzal4.htm This alerted the entire pseudo-intellectual pro-terrorist group. The son Prashant Bhushan signed an online petition to President for clemency. (refer http://www.sacw.net/hrights/Afzalpet7feb07.pdf) along with others like Arundhati Roy. He went on to defend Afzal on TV Shows (like NDTV Big Fight, October 2006) on flimsy grounds like: – Afzal was only a conspirator! (So perhaps Hitler and Osama were also as innocent as babies!) – Hanging will lead to further violence (a veiled threat given by terrorists including those who conducted recent bomb blasts in Mumbai. Now who is instigating violent elements other than likes of Prashant Bhushan? Refer http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_if-you-re-going-to-hang-afzal-guru-prepare-to-face-consquences-separatists-to-govt_1574922) The father Shanti Bhushan wrote a separate letter to President demanding clemency for murderer of several innocents and attacker on the very pillar of democracy. “This is very unfortunate. The government is bowing down to the Opposition pressure. Death penalty is for the person who actually does the act. He was only a conspirator, so the SC should not have given him death sentence” Refer http://ibnlive.in.com/news/afzal-guru-to-be-hanged-mercy-plea-rejected/125078-37-64.html Note that the Bhushans are not among those who advocate against death sentence as a matter of ideology. It is just that death sentence for few of their friendly ‘conspirators’ of terrorism brought the sudden change of heart. By the way, Prashant Bhushan is now also opposed against capital punishment for Ajmal Kasab – yet another terrorist (and not a conspirator!) Refer http://www.indianexpress.com/news/anna-hazare/845876/ Aam Aadmi like me would like to know how many more death sentences were opposed by Shanti Bhushan (and Prashant Bhushan) and how many letters for clemency did they write to the President against death sentences prior to these in their long career spanning more than 50 years? Why this sudden love for life of terrorists alone?
Defending Bangalore Serial Blast Accused
The firebrand Islamic leader Abdul Nazer Madani, founder of the banned Islamic Seva Sangh, is under judicial custody for Bangalore serial blasts of 2008 and earlier alleged to have been among conspirators of Coimbatore Blasts killing 58. Famed for his inflammatory speech spewing hatred against non-believers, he found a wonderful friend in Bhushans. Refer http://www.hindustantimes.com/Who-is-Madani/Article1-588015.aspx http://www.rediff.com/news/report/bluru-blasts-tough-for-madani-to-get-bail/20110208.htm Condemned even by non-extremist Muslim leaders (refer http://www.groundreport.com/Opinion/Madani-a-new-icon-of-extremist-political-leader-in/2928400), he found his ally in Shanti Bhushan. Afterall father and son seek justice to defend only a particular extremist brand of Jihad! Thus, the senior Bhushan took up the case of this ‘merciful’ leader and pleaded for his immediate release, while the state government considers him a grave national threat. Refer http://www.indianexpress.com/news/madani-may-pose-major-threat-if-released-k/783526/
Hatred for Gujaratis
Ironically, when it comes to Gujarat, the senior Bhushan (like his son Prashant) also has already passed the judgment without any trial. Though the matter is in Supreme Court and not even a single evidence could be found against the Chief Minister, he is quick to assert that: “Modi is the most communal person and he was responsible for the killing of a large number of Muslims.” “Everyday we are arguing in the court against (Narendra) Modi and against Hindutva ideology of RSS.” – Why this sudden shift of stand when it comes to majority opinion? – I mentioned in last article that Modi is not only democratically elected with overwhelming majority including all sections of society, but also his matter is already in highest court. Further in queer case of Modi, everyone – media, ‘civil society’, his own party-men, central government – is vocally against him. Under such situations, if still no incriminating evidence has been found against the person for last 10 years, it seems more likely that he is innocent than allegations of Shanti Bhushan being true. In fact, his innocence is overwhelmingly more probable, given available facts and evidences, than Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan NOT being ISI agents or terrorist agents. So if Shanti Bhushan sticks to his stand that Modi is the most communal person, than it is all the more logical to assert that Shanti Bhushan (and Prashant Bhushan) is a terrorist or ISI agent. – Shanti Bhushan has expressed his desire to take up case of Sanjiv Bhatt, the erstwhile IPS officer. It seems that the only reason to support a corrupt officer like Sanjiv Bhatt is that he is against Narendra Modi. Refer http://www.indianexpress.com/news/modi-most-communal-ready-to-defend-bhatt-shanti-bhushan/858679/0 Interestingly, the corruption charges and complaints against Bhatt date to 1990, an era when Modi was a complete non-entity in government. Refer http://news.oneindia.mobi/feature/2011/877203.html But why should terrorists respect majority of a state, its duly elected government and a Supreme Court already investigating the allegations? Praising a government for setting international examples would of course be far too much for lawyers of anti-nationals! http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/gujarat-best-example-of-effective-governance-us-congressional-report-133493
How to get sympathy of Bhushans – Prashant and Shanti
These are just a few samplers. Wise recognize fire from smoke alone! Shanti means Peace. Prashant means ‘Extremely Peaceful’. But ironically, the only criteria to get their sympathy is to resort to terrorism and mass killing of innocents as done by Naxalites, Maoists, Kashmiri terrorists, Jihadis and Madanis. Preferably you should also proudly own up the terrorist act and give threat for future attacks. So Naxalites are justified in their killing of innocent jawans. Kashmiri separatists are justified in using RDX and missiles. These represent opinion of helpless. They deserve immunity even if they kill in thousands. http://www.icawpi.org/en/component/content/article/340-rights-activists-get-maoist-tag- http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/dantewada-massacre-human-rights-group-meets-19540.php But if some youth gives him a few slaps (and does not cause any threatening injury), such people should be severely punished! Why not have ‘peaceful’ dialogues and grant immunity to these ‘helpless’ as well? Refer http://twocircles.net/2011oct22/shanti_bhushan_demands_law_deal_attacks_freedom_expression.html And why so-called Hindutva and RSS are great threats to nation? Just because they did not kill anyone? And whatever allegations also come on them are too petty and vague compared to deeds of the Kashmiri separatists, Madanis, Kasabs, Maoists etc? And more importantly, they do not proudly accept being culprits! But what else can be expected from advocates of terrorists! Who said terrorists and their advocates are sensible people! But we – the Aam Aadmi – are sensible. Hence…..
Anna – please explain
– How could 2 separatists and ‘terrorist advocates’ slip into your core group? – One of them (Shanti Bhushan) was even made the Co-Chairman of your proposed Drafting Committee. What is the guarantee then that such terrorists do not hoodwink the nation later in garb of fighting against corruption and being part of Jan Lok Pal? This becomes especially true in wake of the fact that you have yourself stated that while the anti-corruption movement will remain totally peaceful, for sake of fight against separatists you can even go for war. It appears extremely baffling. Its a mystery that has to be solved. (No, the vague analogy of it being Krishna Neeti or Chanakya Neeti to bring good from the goons will not work. India has far too many competent people with impeccable track records to justify the need to ally with terrorists and make them Chairmen! We fear, instead of Krishna manipulating goons, it may be goons manipulating a Bhishma.) Is that you are just being used as a face for masses to further some other designs behind the scene? Is it that your lack of education is being misused to mislead you as well as public? Is it that your simplicity and trustworthy nature is being exploited by enemies of the nation to distract attention from a more core issue to a non-core which is bound to go on for ages? Or is it that you are also a party to all this? No I shudder to think of the latter. I know that this cannot be possible despite whatever the media and opinion around may increasingly hint at, now that they know there cannot be much TRP from supporting IAC too much any more. Anna, please explain because everything seems too fishy. And if it is not fishy, it implies things are even worse. Because it shows that of all the one billion ‘civil’ people of this democracy, a chosen few with dubious records and anti-national mindsets could easily sneak through your small team whose size could be counted on finger tips. All the rest were left behind to buy your topis alone. Just as father and son could get a plot each in Noida Land Scam from open ballot, they could get into your think-tank and drafting committee as well. This exposes a very very big loophole. Your delay in kicking out the separatists and pro-terrorists is only making matters worse. We all are feeling so insecure. More you delay in providing complete explanations to this mind-boggling mystery, more we lose trust in this IAC campaign. Because yes, we do love you since we have been seeing you in media since last 6 months and in a wonderful image. But that love cannot surpass love for the motherland, that has nurtured us for ages. We hate corruption, but we hate terrorism even more. We love Anna, but we love India even more. And hence, until this mystery is solved with detailed explanations, I am no more Anna.