People hate idol-worship for a variety of reasons. Some cults hate idol-worshippers so much that they would refuse to bless even a dead idol-worshipper. They believe that idol-worship is worse than killing and rape.
Let us examine the most dominant ones.
1. God has no idols. Hence idol-worship is a sin
– How are you so sure that God has no idols? Did God come and tell you? When, where? Do you have any video recording of the meeting? Or any other proof?
– I am sure you can’t answer above. Because apart from mental asylums, there are no other places in world where you would find people who have met God.
– Let us assume for a while that you are one of those rare mental cases who met God and verified His “non-idolness”. Did He then make you an Authorized Agent to snatch peace and happiness from lives of those who worship His idols? Can you show the exclusive Authorization Certificate that God gave you?
– Let us now assume further that despite you having never met God nor he sending you the Authorized Agent Certificate by courier, still idol-worship is sin. Then who is forcing you to worship idol? Worship whatever you want. Or don’t worship at all. Who is stopping you? But what right you have to hate others for what they believe?
Hate God if you indeed have to hate. He is to be blamed for not meeting you. Or hate the courier company which did not deliver your Authorization Certificate.
Don’t act like frustrated ’potency doctors’ whose 100% guarantee advertisements add to the filth of dirty walls before railway stations and public toilets of Ghaziabad. And yet fetches them no clients.
Follow whatever you want to. Even advertise whatever you want to. But don’t hate people merely because they don’t hire your potency services.
2. But my Holy Book prohibits idol-worship. It says idol-worshippers are worst of creatures.
This raises many questions that you must answer.
– How do you know the book is indeed Holy? Did God come and tell you? Or it was some ‘potency doctor’ of Ghaziabad? Different parts of world have different popular ‘Holy Books’. How do you know yours alone is the right one?
– Did you read the ‘Holy Book’ yourself? Most ‘Holy Books’ are at least a thousand years old. The language is completely different from modern times. So people rely on translations. Who translated the book for you? Was it the ‘potency doctor’ or someone with a sharper mental aptitude? Is there a way for you to verify whether the translation is authentic? And whether the translation is exactly of the authentic Holy Book alone and not something else? Don’t simply accept it on basis of what the ‘potency doctor’ or his clients say.
If there is no clear foolproof easy way for any layman to verify the authenticity of Holy Book or its translation, it only means that God does not give the Holy Book too much of importance. So use it with a pinch of salt. Accept the fact that this is the way God wanted things to be.
– Your ‘potency doctor’ may fool you by claiming that this confusion is because God is testing your loyalty. If he indeed says so, better find a different doctor than risk your potency on such a quack.
Because, if indeed God is intelligent, He will give same test to all, and also define the syllabus of test before conducting the test. Ask your doctor to give a certified instruction-sheet for the test. I bet He will only try to scare you with divine punishments or entice you with luxuries. That is the tried and tested “carrot and stick” formula to control animals. Beware.
Use you head rather than take seriously unverified ‘potency’ claims of quacks. Follow your Holy Book or any book or their translations only to extent or in manner that it supports your own brain development. Or have fun as story books, moral science books, fantasy tales or insight in historical evolution of human intellect or something else. Don’t take it seriously enough to start hating everyone who is not client of your Ghaziabad doctor.
– If indeed idol-worshippers are worst of creatures, why did God make them in first place? Why did not God send everyone with entire Holy Book already etched in their brains?
– Is your Holy Book against your own progress? Why majority of intellectuals in world are idol-worshippers? They go to either church or temples and do what is idol-worship as per your book. And yet they are the ones who top in almost every field – science, technology, mathematics, management, economics…you name it. If you are reading your Holy Book, probably it was printed using a technology that was developed by a worshipper of Son of God. If you are using a gun to kill innocents, even that was developed by idol-worshipper. If you happen to be in India, know that almost every top-brain of the country has been either an idol-worshipper or someone who loves them.
Now look at contribution of idol-haters from your community? Don’t give names from history. Past is always beautiful because it is an easy escape that cannot be verified. Lets talk of present. How many top scientists hate idols? How many top technology wizards? How many economists, inventors, doctors, mathematicians, chess players?
Just think if you can. Your hatred against idol-worshippers is stopping you from progress and ruining your future.
3. You Holy Book also prohibits idol-worship. Why do you do that then?
If you are talking of Hindus, let me put very clear. Hinduism is not a religion based on fear of Hell or fondness of Heaven. It is a celebration of freedom. It encourages each individual to explore and choose his own path. Because eventually, each individual is master of his own destiny.
– Yes there are many books and saints that criticize idol-worship. But none asks to kill those who do idol-worship. They simply put forward their own critique on the subject and offer alternatives. It is all an intellectual discussion to discover the ultimate truth. There is no threat or lure. It all falls under the Hindu respect for freedom of expression.
That is why Kabir, Dayanand, Nanak, Shankaracharya, Madhavacharya, Ramanuja, Vivekanand etc are all within the Hindu universe despite their difference in viewpoints.
– More importantly, no Hindu worships idol in the way morons believe them to worship. They merely use idols as means for a higher goal. When they pray even in front of idol, they close their eyes and look inwards. The Hindu God lies within each individual. Ultimate goal is to be completely at bliss with the divinity within. Different people adopt different ways to pull their thoughts inwards. To create idols is one of them.
– Vedas form primary source of Hinduism. They neither prohibit nor recommend specific rituals to please God. They discuss the concepts alone and leave it to individual to discover the truth through his own efforts. There is no force, fear, threat, lure here.
– You are free to either go to temples, pray through idols, or meditate on formless God, or be atheist. You can recommend your own best practices and strongly oppose prevalent ways of society. There is complete freedom. Nothing is mandatory. Everything is a recommendation. That is why Hinduism is most rational and reasonable way of life.
There is no burqa, no restriction on how you dress, how you pray, what you study, whom you marry. You celebrate freedom and be responsible for society.
But there is a big irony. Answer that first:
On one hand you say your book is right and mine is wrong. On other hand you quote my book to prove that your way is right. Why this double standard? Either accept that my books is right. In that case follow it. Else don’t quote it.
If you quote my books to justify why I must be hated and I must go to Hell, it demonstrates that the potency doctor’s medicine has had serious impact on your brain.
4. Idol-worship caused downfall of India. Hence it must be rejected.
– Downfall of India happened because of several reasons. Here are top 3:
No 3. Dominance of caste-system based on birth.
But due to core liberal nature of Hinduism, reformers like Dayanand, Jyotirba Phule etc emerged to weed it out.
No 2. Rise of superstitions
which was again eradicated by spiritual reformers.
But the most important reason was following:
NUMBER 1. Unpreparedness against barbaric tribals of Central and West Asia.
Indians had not imagined that people could be so barbaric as the likes of Ghazni, Ghori, Akbar, Aurangzeb, Qasim and Khilji. In India, even wars had basic rules of ethics. Even today, Indians are unable to imagine that rascals like ISIS, Al Qaeda actually exist. They read in newspapers and see in TV. But cannot feel the same. Hence they remained unprepared.
But the moment a Rana Pratap or a Shivaji or a Guru Gobind felt the extent of their barbarism, they destroyed the roots of iconoclastic fundamentalism with slogans of Har Har Mahadev, Jai Bhawani, Jo Bole So Nihaal. When British came, slogan of Vande Mataram played its role. The might of idol-worshipping heroes ripped apart the idol-breakers so forcefully that the last Mughal emperors were just pensioners of Marathas caged inside Red Fort. Today the descendants of “Great Mughals” are reduced to beggars in slums of Kolkata.
The proud heritage of India was preserved by the very idol-worshippers whom you hate. And even today, look at the community of idol-worshippers and those who consider idol-worshippers as sinner. Find out what percentage of their population is among top brains in each group? Again, avoid looking into history because history is always golden. Come to present.
How many idol-haters among brave soldiers who fight on border willing to sacrifice their heads to protect all of us inside the country? How many idol-haters among scientists, engineers, technocrats, researchers? There is representation from all communities in progress of modern India. But a common trait among all who contributed to this progress is that they have no hatred for idol-worshippers. In fact they encourage and even themselves worship like idol-worshippers. The great Hawaldar Abdul Hamid sent to Hell tanks after tanks of idol-haters. Martyr Ashfaqullah would say Ram Ram even when unconscious.
I shudder to imagine what will happen if idol-worship is eradicated from modern India. We will lose our colors, variety, richness. We will lose centers that preserve spiritualism and direct our emotions to higher cause. We will lose social ways of uniting and canvassing against forces of terror. Temples have served and continue to serve a critical role for the society – right from preservation of Vedic heritage to charitable activities.
Yes, the form must evolve. Given the current threats of terror, our temples must become agents for destruction of hatred. They must become institutions of social equality. We must bring out Hanuman, Durga, Ram and Krishna from temples into our own actions. And fight terror till its complete annihilation. We must use every festival, every social ritual, every puja to remind and prepare ourselves for the call of the time.
An appeal to Indian Muslims
The bonds of culture are stronger than bonds of religion. You are Muslims. But you are Indians first. You are so different from the Muslims of Arab. In fact they hate you for this and refuse to even consider you as true Muslims. They refuse to make you Ulema in any center of importance for entire Muslim world. They will not even make you citizens of their country. They will not marry their daughters to you despite all the hype about equality in Islamic world.
ISIS talks loud about Islamic Caliphate. But an Indian recruit was given task to cleaning toilet. If you even mention that Indian must be Caliphate, they will kill you. Such are the mad ways of those who go to quacks for potency treatment.
But you must be proud of your unique gift of being Indian. Irrespective of your religion, you also carry the heritage of Ram, Krishna, Pratap and Shivaji. So don’t fall in trap of hating Hindus as idol-worshippers. Unite with majority population. Be one with them. Take part in their festivals and worships. Don’t be fooled by what few witchdoctors want you to believe in.
If idol-worship was such a sin, and your way was best, then idol-worshippers would have been in misery and you would have been most affluent in India. But opposite is true. Which means that you made a big blunder by hating idol-worship and idol-worshippers.
Follow whatever you want to. But throw away any book, any witchdoctor, any hint that asks you to hate idol-worship and idol-worshippers. The day you will happily announce that idol-worshippers will sit next to you in Heaven, that day even this life itself will become Heaven for you.
See the world around you. People are killing and giving bad name to Islam. Just condemning them is not enough. You must stand up and openly announce that you refuse to hate idol-worshippers. Stand up and participate in Ganesh Puja and Diwali. Invite Hindus to celebrate Eid with you.
Rise above the form. Follow the essence. The hatred against idol-worship has no basis whatsoever. It only leads you to greater and greater downfall.
We welcome you with open arms. Lets join hands and give a death blow to those who sell terror in name of religion.
– Agniveer (committed to defense of idol-worshippers, Kafirs and disbelievers of world)