Verses of Quran that clearly prove that Muhammad believed in concept of rebirth of soul as given in Vedas/ Hinduism. True Muslims must follow Vedas to follow Muhammad.
Islam Rebirth forms the essential foundation of almost all the religions of the world. The reasons are obvious:
- All religions and philosophies of world originate from the same source of Vedas which is a manual of Theory of Karma that is unhindered by birth and death.
- A huge number of blatant discrepancies emerge if one is to believe that God is just or even that the world is not a random motion of subatomic particles. For example refer God must be Crazy article.
So concept of rebirth does occur in all religions of the world and rightfully so. It is however popularly believed that Islam opposes concept of rebirth. In fact Islam is said to be the biggest critique of theory of rebirth.
Muslims firmly believe that there is just one life here and then it’s all over. We don’t get any second chance to improve ourselves. We will be raised from our graves on the Day of Judgment and our hands, shoulders, face etc will give the testimony of our deeds whatever good or bad. Interestingly, this Day will look like night since sun will be folded along with its spacious light before that day! Allah will raise up all who are in the graves [Quran 22:7].
Another scope of research for Mullahs will be that what will happen to those, like us, who are cremated and thus have no graves! But this is beyond the scope of this article and we leave it for future.
The concept of everlasting hell and heaven is the essential outcome of the axiom of “just one life”. “Just one life” ideology is enlightening the Kasabs and Osamas with the same zeal with which it would enlighten Muhammad’s misguided Mujaahideen in past. But is this theory actually found in Quran or is it just a humbug being spread by Mullahs?
Rebirth in Vedic literature stands for a process in which a soul gets reunited with a new body, leaving behind the old one. Or in other words, it is the transformation of one combination (of soul and previous body) to the other combination (of soul and next body). Important is the thing that soul remains the same in whole process.
Now let’s look into some verses of Quran, which prove rebirth a mandatory concept to believe in for all Muslims. (By ignoring these verses from original Quran, modern Mullahs have made modern Islam a belief-system with gaping loopholes. Refer Helpless Destiny in Islam.)
- And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: “Be ye apes, despised and rejected.” [Quran 2:65]
- Say: “…. Those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped Evil; –these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even Path!” [Quran 5:63]
- When in their insolence they transgressed [all] prohibitions, We said to them: “Be ye apes, despised and rejected.” [Quran 7:166]
The above verses clearly show that Allah gives different bodies to the people as per their deeds. This is merely the concept of rebirth in any religion. The only difference is that Allah takes no time in changing the bodies for the souls whereas all others believe this process to be carried out under relatively slow natural unchangeable laws.
- We are not to be frustrated from changing your Forms and creating you [again] in [forms] that ye know not. [Quran 56:60, 61]
- This verse seems to be an answer from Allah to a question, “will you create me in different forms again and again?”
- Tafsir e Azeezi contains a hadith in which Muhammad says- “It is confirmed that you have been created to sustain for eternity. It is also confirmed that you die and go to other world every time and you will continue to do so forever”.
- How can ye reject the faith in Allah?- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return. [Quran 2:28]
- This verse is totally in sync with two main concepts of Vedas. One the uncreated souls and second their cycle of birth and death. The word “ye” is the proof of existence of the entity “ye”, even before Allah gave life to it. If Allah would have created this entity “ye”, the verse would have been “…seeing that ye did not exist and He made you existent…”. This contradicts with the common belief of many Muslims that souls are created by Allah. To hold this verse true in all era and thus Allah to be outside the time bound, “ye” has to be without beginning as mentioned in this verse.
- Life after death and death after life in cyclic order is clearly evident from the verse, which is exactly the same as that of Vedic concept of “Punarjanm” or “Rebirth”.
- Some people might say that giving life again implies the rising up of dead from the graves on judgment day, but then in that case, Quran will not be eternal as claimed by Mullahs. Anything can be said as eternal only when it remains with all its properties till eternity. So, guiding people, being the property of Quran should always be there till eternity. For being so, people to be guided should always be there till eternity. And this verse to become applicable till eternity, there should be no end of this process of life-death-life-death…..
Putting this in simple words, if heaven and hell are eternal, Quran can’t be eternal because this verse cannot be applied on those sitting in everlasting heaven or hell!
- Think not of those who are slain in Allah’s way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord. [Quran 3:169]
Yet another verse, which claims rebirth, leaving no confusion whatsoever
- It is We Who created them, and We have made their joints strong; but, when We will, We can substitute the like of them by a complete change. [Quran 76:28]
Tafsir e Husaini while describing this verse says-“Means that Allah can transform one in better or worse state from now or He may keep same as now”.
- The likeness of the life of the present is as the rain which We send down from the skies. [Quran 10:24]
- Set forth to them the similitude of the life of this world: It is like the rain which we send down from the skies: the earth’s vegetation absorbs it, but soon it becomes dry stubble, which the winds do scatter: it is [only] Allah who prevails over all things. [Quran 18:45]
- These verses may not look relevant in the first sight but when looked closely, they present beautiful combination of science and philosophy of rebirth. Everyone knows that water is not created in the skies but it moves in a cycle of vaporisation and condensation. It goes from down to up and up to down. It is mentioned in the verse that when water is no longer there, vegetation gets dried, it means the death. But does water vanish really? No, rather it again goes up and comes down in the next cycle. So, life, being similitude of water, is also in a cycle of birth and death
- If someone says that life and death are not cyclic then this verse has to be false as well as non scientific. It will be false because of claiming similarity between water and life and non scientific because of assuming water to be created in the skies instead of remaining in the cycle.
- Didst thou not Turn by vision to those who abandoned their homes, though they were thousands [In number], for fear of death? Allah said to them: “Die”: Then He restored them to life. For Allah is full of bounty to mankind, but Most of them are ungrateful. [Quran 2:243]
- Then We raised you up after your death: Ye had the chance to be grateful. [Quran 2:56]
Both verses talk about rebirth clearly.
- It is Allah Who causeth the seed-grain and the date-stone to split and sprout. He causeth the living to issue from the dead, and He is the one to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is Allah: then how are ye deluded away from the truth? Quran [6:95]
- And who is it that brings out the living from the dead and the dead from the living? [Quran 10:31]
- It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living, and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and thus shall ye be brought out [from the dead]. [Quran 30:19]
- “Thou causest the night to gain on the day, and thou causest the day to gain on the night; Thou bringest the Living out of the dead, and Thou bringest the dead out of the Living; and Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest, without measure.” [Quran 3:27]
- Verses are clear in stating that life and death are cyclic and occur one after another just like day and night.
- Some Muslim friends argue that bringing living out of dead and dead out of living mean “living baby from the dead semen” and “dead semen from the living male”. But it cannot be the meaning at all. There is a huge difference between “non living” and dead. Dead implies for someone who possessed life in past but not now, whereas non living is something which has nothing to do with life or death because it had no potential to become alive anytime. For example, pan, paper, fan, etc are never called as dead; rather they are called as non living. So, semen should be called as non living rather than dead. So, it is proved that “dead” the above verses refer to someone who possessed life and again it will be alive. This is what rebirth is!
- Has not He, [the same], the power to give life to the dead? [Quran 75:40]
O my beloved Allah! We know you have the power, but our Muslim brothers and sisters don’t believe! I know you have power to convince them as well, hope You will do it!
- The Prophet said: …I would love to be martyred in Allah’s Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred… [Bukhari 4.54]
In the end, we would say that could Prophet, who was an ideal person and a role model for his country, a chosen one by Allah, think anything opposite to Allah’s will? If concept of rebirth is anti Islamic and against Allah’s will, could Muhammad wish to get life again and again? Answer is no.
The implications of this is obvious – in reality Muhammad believed in concept of rebirth. However he was confused due to lack of access to Vedic wisdom. But he did teach rebirth concepts to best of his abilities. However, after he died, and perhaps even during his lifetime, many spurious verses were added to original Quran to further the designs of his politically motivated companions who were bent on killing each other. Refer Muhammad – the genius misunderstood for more details on this.
Just think that had this modern Quran been indeed foolproof and final authentic version revealed to Muhammad, was Allah incapable enough to not ensure that the Quran was preserved in written and documented format in Muhammad’s lifetime itself? Why did Allah allow in Lohe Mahfooz to have verses in Hadiths which talk of goat eating some verses of Quran? Why did Allah leave the task of documenting Quran on Muhammad;s followers after his death? And why were they fighting each other if Quran was supposed to preach only peace? Why did Allah kill the Caliph who is said to have compiled modern Quran? In brief, if modern Quran is considered final and foolproof, it would be derogatory to intents of Allah. But yes, Quran does indeed contain many verses of Muhammad and they unambiguously show that he wanted to propagate the concept of rebirth.
We accept that there are many verses in Quran which talk about just one life here and a permanent heaven and hell hereafter. But, as we have mentioned in our previous articles, current Quran is not the same as Muhammad dictated to his Sahabas (companions). It has undergone many interpolations by the so called followers of Muhammad to fulfil their own agenda of ruling the world by hook or by crook. Muhammad always believed in rebirth, which is evident from his wish to get many lives one after another.
Even someone like Zakir Naik also knows this very well. He was asked once whether Heaven and Hell are eternal? He replied that only Allah is eternal and Heaven/Hell will come to end one day. Which clearly means that the cycle will be repeated after that if Allah is just and kind.
So we request every Muslim brother and sister to reject biased and unscientific adulterations of modern Quran and come back to the original Quran of Muhammad which guides us to follow only the Vedas, the true knowledge, which is the root of every rational concept of every religion.