- Practical Ways To Revive Sanskrit
- Must Do’s To Revive Sanskrit…
- Reviving Sanskriti Through Sanskrit – Golden Opportunity for True Indians
- On Tamil and Sanskrit
- Is Sanskrit really difficult than other languages?
- Sanskrit, Samskrit or Samskrut or Samskruta?
- The reason many dedicated people quit learning Sanskrit
- ‘Fictional purity’ that blocks promotion of Sanskrit.
- Supreme Court echoes Agniveer on Sanskrit
- On Origin of Languages
What makes Sanskrit difficult than other languages?
1. Most Sanskrit books focus too much on grammar and present as if a mistake of a syllable is crime. Even the curriculum is designed to test grammar – Shabd Roop, Dhatu Roop etc – than language in general.
Reality – Whatever grammar rules of Sanskrit are prevalent today are those that have evolved over time. They are not as sacrosanct as they are made to be. Vedas flout these rules liberally because Sanskrit came from Vedas…, and not vice versa.
Solution – Encourage so-called mistakes in grammar. Let there be twenty types of Sanskrit like there are twenty types of Hindi and English. Let grammar be for more educated ones. Do not expect every common man to be a Sanskrit Vyakaranacharya.
2. No one speaks Sanskrit.
Reality – A self-learner learns, then forgets, then learns, and soon gets into a half-baked mess where he knows everything a bit but not properly. Now excitement of learning is lost, and eventually he gives up. He knows Sanskrit is important, he aspires to master it, knows he can. But environment kills him.
Solution – There must be an easy ecosystem where one can speak and write Sanskrit freely without anyone correcting him unless specifically asked. Some circles where they can freely talk and joke and have fun in Sanskrit.
Sanskrit is the easiest language in universe because it is so intuitive. It is awesome because it opens gates to most wonderful literature in universe. For India, Sanskrit is the only viable option for national unity.
I pray I be nimitta to do something worthwhile for Mother Sanskrit, irrespective of my total incompetency today.
Spend few minutes daily on one of these and you will be able to learn basics of conversational Sanskrit in simple manner.