We seem to see a trend in some of the events that have happened with Agniveer site over past few weeks:
First there were consistent hacking attacks to bring down the site. After we moved the site to a more secured server with consistent backup and security policies, we now started facing a different set of attacks.
– There was a TOI report putting baseless allegations on Agniveer. There were some more complaints made against the site on baseless pretexts. However being hosted and managed from locations that have most liberal information exchange norms for internet combined with stringent privacy norms, not much could be done by our detractors on this front.
– However the site has got banned in several countries.
– A general impression being emphasized by certain forces is that this is a hate site. However there is not one single article on the site that preaches any hatred against any person or community. There are definitely a lot of factual content that question established beliefs but it is purely academic in nature. We have consulted legal experts from various democratic countries and have been reaffirmed that nothing in the articles on the site can be termed as hatred material. Difference in opinion does not suffice to be termed as hatred.
– However, recently a new trend has intensified after the Babri Masjid issue. Now a lot of people are posting abusive comments to spur up more such abusive comments for everyone and hence get this site termed as a hate site or a phishing site. There may be further reasons for this that we may not be aware of. But most of the comments are coming from those regions of the world that are conventionally known to be terrorism hubs – Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Algeria etc. There have also been open threats for dire consequences. We have reasons to believe that these comments generate from an anti-India stance.
– We request all rational people from all communities to not get trapped by such ploys to instigate abuses. Remember that the site focuses only on intellectual analysis and not personal hatred. So refrain from making abusive comments, even if instigated or abused. We shall preserve these abusive comments purely to showcase how terrorist forces attempt to thwart any intellectual forum.
– For those who come new to site, please also note that the ONLY COMMENTS FROM ADMINISTRATORS are those with logo of Hand holding Sun and showing Admin or Agniveer as name of comment- maker.
NO OTHER COMMENTS, APART FROM THOSE DIRECTLY COMING FROM ADMIN, ARE FROM SITE ADMINS. Regardless of whether the comments support or criticize the article(s), they are NOT endorsed by Site Admins in ANY MANNER. We provide free access to everyone to comment for freedom of expression. However we DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANY COMMENT made by ANY visitor. So kindly do not confuse those comments with views of Agniveer.
– To ensure that we do not get affected in site-ranking due to abusive comments, we may soon move to a third-party commenting system. We would also reduce the number of levels of comments threads to reduce abusive exchange of hatred that are not relevant to the article.
Finally we request all to maintain harmony and restrict discussions only to intellectual and academic points and DO NOT get abusive. It is not feasible nor we endorse comment policing, so we leave it to wisdom of the visitors to make best use of site features.
Also, for a topic demanding discussions which are not directly linked to subject of the article, kindly use the FORUM feature of the site. That would make it more meaningful and give you more freedom to express yourself.
I HOPE WE ALL WILL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE IT A SITE DISSEMINATING TRUTH AND COMPASSION, AND THWART THE FORCES TRYING TO SPREAD HATRED
In wake of ban in several countries, we shall be publishing our future articles on our facebook page also. You can access it from http://facebook.com/agniveeragni