Why did the terrorists attack Medina? Isn’t it a sacred place in their religion?
1. They were attacking a Shia mosque. Also a place where revered Prophet is buried.
2. Now Islamic world is a complex thing. There are large number of sects. Classic Islam puts the number to 73. Today there are many more. As per a prophecy, only one of these 73 sects will go to Heaven. Others are fraud. Now each sect thinks, it is the true sect.
3. Some sects like Wahabis, Peace TV brand IRF etc believe that graves are anti-Islamic. That is why they bomb Sufi shrines. Sufi sects believe that their Sufi saints had miraculous powers like drinking entire lake etc. You would laugh them off or consider them as very private faith. But they take these seriously and want whole world to take them seriously.
Now Wahabis have been after Prophet’s grave for centuries and had even destroyed it once or twice. Because they believe maintaining graves is anti-Islamic
4. Overall, Muslims are united when they are in minority. As their population increases, they start fighting with each other. Every sect has a different mosque and you cannot enter if you are outside that sect. Barelvi will abuse Deobandi who will abuse Wahabi who will abuse Ahle Jamaat who will abuse Shia who will abuse Bohras. As the population increases, abuses turn into fights into terror attacks. I am talking about preachers and those who take religion seriously. Would talk about common good Muslims later.
5. So this is the overall hierarchy of hatred. Worst creature in world is Hindu because he worships idols. Then come atheists because they at least do not worship idols. Then Christians who are people of Book. You can keep Christian girls as sex slaves. Then come Jews who are People of Book but treacherous. Most conspiracies against Muslims are considered to be done by Jews and Hindus (Yahudo-Hanood conspiracy is a popular term in Muslim world). Then come Shia or Sunni depending on whether you are yourself Sunni or Shia. Then within Shia or Sunni, everyone except your sect is villain.
6. There is one more twist. Anyone who was Muslim but left islam (apostate) is greatest villain in world. So sometimes they may categorize someone outside the sect who questions them as an apostate and try to kill him.
7. The second twist is that as per these Mullahs, ignoring disbelievers is not sufficient. You MUST HATE them. Read any translation of Quran and hadiths available on internet in English or any other language. The tafseer (commentary) mentions that if you love a disbeliever even in heart, Allah will screw you.
This is what goes in minds of those who take religion seriously – the preachers and fanatics. Common muslims who do not take it seriously are good but silent. They either suffer being termed apostates or indirectly encourage the fanatics by being silent. And have to face brunt of bad deeds of those who take religion seriously. See the backlash that Irfan Khan had to suffer. Had he been a common-man who could not afford his protection, he would have been beheaded, who knows!
What it means is that Medina is sacred place for many Muslims. But not for those Wahabis and Zakir Naik type Muslims who consider Shias and grave worship as blots.
And terrorists feel they are following religious orders by killing, suicide bombing etc. For them everyone apart from their sect is either non Muslim or apostate.
Until all these translations remain in circulation, unless we agree that “all terrorists are Muslims” today even though “very few muslims are terrorists”, and join to purge these bast**ds out of Muslim community, Mecca, Medina, Kashi, Jerusalem, Vatican – nothing is safe.
Disclaimer: By Quran and Hadiths, we do not refer to their original meanings. We refer to interpretations made by fanatics and terrorists to justify their kill and rape. We respect the original Quran, Hadiths and their creators. Our fight is against those who misinterpret them. For example, Mughals, ISIS, Al Qaeda, and every other person who justifies sex-slavery, rape of daughter-in-law and other heinous acts. For full disclaimer, visit site.