- Sita’s Agnipariksha in Ramayan
- Prophet in Hindu Scriptures – Bhavishya Puran (Part 2)
- Prophet in Hindu Scriptures – Vedas (Part 3)
- Prophet in Hindu Scriptures – An analysis (Part 1)
- Polygamy in Hinduism
- ‘Concept of God in Hinduism’
- Introduction to Hinduism (edited with comments)
- FAQ on Hinduism – IITian thrashes Zakir Naik
In the concluding part of Dr Naik’s research on Hinduism, the self-proclaimed expert on religions provides an FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions on Hinduism. Its a relatively longer article and bulk of it is devoted to either represent the debates between various schools of thought in Hinduism for his own Islamic end, or to narrate wisdom of Quran.
Instead of analyzing the entire article, I shall provide review of selected portions. To test if the rice is cooked or not, we just take a few grains out of cooker and test. This is an established way of rejecting fraud as per Darshan Shastras.You can review the entire article at http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200&Itemid=134 and laugh to your heart’s content.
I shall, as usual provide quotes from Dr Naik’s article and follow with comments in bold italics.
(Please note that this analysis relates to Dr Naik’s neo-wahabi version of Islam which is significantly different from the rational Islam of scientists like Dr APJ and Dr Pervez Hoodbhoy. In fact it is a religion in itself with its own history and tenets and rejects the Islam followed by majority of world. The only commonality is misuse of common terms like Quran , Prophet, Islam, Muslim etc.)
“When I was discussing with a Swami in IRF. He said that when our child asks us, “Why does the sky thunder?”, we reply that “aaee ma chakki pees rahi hai”, the grandmother is grinding flour in the heaven; because he is too young to understand. Similarly in the initial stages people require an idol for concentration.
In Islam we don’t believe in telling a lie, even if it’s a white lie. I will never give such a wrong answer to my child because later on when he goes to school and learns that the thundering sound after lightning is due to the expansion of rapidly heated air, he will either think that the teacher is lying or later on when he understands the fact he will conclude that the father is a liar. If you feel that the child may not understand certain difficult things you should simplify the answer rather than give a wrong fictitious reply. If you, yourself do not know the answer, you should have the guts to be truthful and say ‘I don’t know’. But many children nowadays will not be satisfied with this answer. If this answer was given to my son, he would say “Abba (father), why don’t you know?’ This will compel you to do your homework and thus educate yourself as well as your child.”
(1. While I agree that children should not be misled, this is a disease that came only after advent of foreigners. Before that most people used to be in gurukuls and used to learn sciences systematically.
2. But if in neo-Wahabi Islam, they do not believe in telling a white lie or giving wrong answer, Dr Naik should either re-read the very books he wants to establish as final version of God’s message, or admit that he himself has committed a sin by lying in this article, or admit that Allah himself lies. I shall now provide excerpts from Islamic texts recommended by IRF on how they explain various phenomena.
(Note that we are referring to neo-Wahabi texts recommended by IRF as authentic Islamic texts. We no way imply that they represent actual sources of Islam)
A. What is plague?
Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 616:
I asked Allah’s Apostle about the plague. He said, “That was a means of torture which Allah used to send upon whom-so-ever He wished, but He made it a source of mercy for the believers, for anyone who is residing in a town in which this disease is present, and remains there and does not leave that town, but has patience and hopes for Allah’s reward, and knows that nothing will befall him except what Allah has written for him, then he will get such reward as that of a martyr.”
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah’s Apostle said, “(Death from) plague is martyrdom for every Muslim.”
Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 629:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “He (a Muslim) who dies of an abdominal disease is a a martyr, and he who dies of plague is a martyr.”
THUS PLAGUE IS A TORTURE THAT MAKES YOU MARTYR!
B. How to treat one from flies?
Pharmacies can sell the fly wings which has cure.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle said, “If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease.”
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet said, “At every womb Allah appoints an angel who says, ‘O Lord! A drop of semen, O Lord! A clot. O Lord! A little lump of flesh.” Then if Allah wishes (to complete) its creation, the angel asks, (O Lord!) Will it be a male or female, a wretched or a blessed, and how much will his provision be? And what will his age be?’ So all that is written while the child is still in the mother’s womb.”
Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Mus’ud:
Allah’s Apostle, said, ” a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write down his (i.e. the new creature’s) deeds, his livelihood, his (date of) death, and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into him..”
The Prophet said, “Kill the snake with two white lines on its back, for it blinds the on-looker and causes abortion.”Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 528:
The Prophet ordered that a short-tailed or mutilated-tailed snake (i.e. Abtar) should be killed, for it blinds the on-looker and causes abortion.”Volume 4, Book 54, Number 529:
Narrated Abu Mulaika:
Prophet said, ‘Do not kill snakes except the short-tailed or mutilated-tailed snake with two white lines on its back, for it causes abortion and makes one blind. So kill it.’
“Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Gabriel has just now told me of the answer. If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and gets discharge first, the child will resemble him, and if the woman gets discharge first, the child will resemble her.'”
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “When any human being is born. Satan touches him at both sides of the body with his two fingers, except Jesus, the son of Mary, whom Satan tried to touch but failed, for he touched the placenta-cover instead.”
Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 188:
Narrated Ibn Shihab:
Mahmud bin Ar-Rabi’ who was the person on whose face the Prophet had ejected a mouthful of water from his family’s well while he was a boy, and ‘Urwa (on the authority of Al-Miswar and others) who testified each other, said, “Whenever the Prophet , performed ablution, his companions were nearly fighting for the remains of the water.”
(1. I agree with the first two sentences. But rest is hoax. No text apart from Vedas can claim freedom from any scope of interpolations. This is not merely based on memory of people who mugged it, but also by a mechanism of 10 different ways of reciting it, which exactly match even today. The gurukuls teaching these Paatha vidhis are thriving till today. Even the Christian indologists who studied Vedas thoroughly, could not cite one single evidence to claim any kind of interpolation in Vedas. For more on this, please read Unchangeable Vedas.
3. When was the original Quran made? Much after death of Muhammad. Further Quran did not reveal in one go. It was revealed throughout the life of Muhammad. And for first fifteen years, Muhammad had no resources to even write the Quran. Even the Ayat 2.106 of Quran itself admits that not everything can be remembered. Even the Arabic script was not developed that time and no Quran of Muhammad’s time exists.
4. Quran is supposed to be written by Muhammad’s followers after his death. Now these followers were killing each other for power, and included his beloved wife Aisha, whom he had married when she was 6 years old, and in whose company most Ayats were revealed. Many Muslims thus refuse to respect Aisha as an authentic person. How can one consider such people to have had capability to transmit Allah’s message of Peace without distortions? But these are matters of personal faith. Using these as ploys to denigrate other religions is indeed shameful.
For a religion to be considered the best, it should have the solution to all the problems of mankind. It should be the religion of truth, and should be applicable to all ages. Islam is the only religion which has the solution to all the problems of mankind. e.g. the problem of alcoholism, surplus women, rape and molestation, robbery, racism, casteism, etc.Islam is the religion of truth, and its laws and solutions are applicable to all the ages. The Qur’an is the only religious book on the face of the earth, which has maintained its purity and authenticity proving itself to be the word of God in all the ages. i.e. previously, when it was the age of miracles, literature and poetry and in present times when it is the age of science and technology. Moreover, Islam is not a man-made religion, but a religion revealed and inspired by Almighty God. It is the only religion acceptable in His Sight.”
(1. I thought this was a FAQ on Hinduism and not Islam. Anyways, before making such far-fetched claims, Dr Naik should decide which of the 73 sects of Islam is actually true Islam. Because rest will go to Hell as per Islamic hadiths. Refer 73 Sects of Islam and One True Jamaat
(If that be so, why do Muslims create a permanent structure around the burial? Why do they constuct Kabras, Makbaras and memorials on places of death that remain unused for ages to come? The fact is that practice of burial permanently wastes land space. The practice of cremation ensures that neither does decaying body spread disease nor it occupies further place.)
(Bindi or Mangalsutra is not a necessary sign for all Hindu women. It is of much recent origin and is not mentioned in ancient texts of rituals. It became famous as an aesthetic concept later. In fact it became more popular because of Islamic invasions. The evils of Purdah system and Sati also started from times when Muslim invaders would kill men and rape women. Even today, plight of Hindus in Bangladesh is well known. Thus Bindi and Mangalsutra became signs of married women to at least spare them from torment of invaders.
Islam besides pointing out a crime, it also gives you a solution showing how to prevent the crime e.g. chopping the hands of a robber, death penalty for the rapist. The punishment is so severe that it is a deterrent for the criminal to commit the crime. He will think a hundred times before committing a crime.Thus if crime has to be reduced or stopped in India the best solution is to implement ‘The Common Islamic Criminal Law’.”
Regarding the question of which prophet of God was sent to India, and can we consider Ram or Krishna to be prophets of God, there is no text in the Qur’an or Sahih Hadith mentioning the name of the prophet that was sent to India. Since the names of Ram and Krishna are nowhere to be found in the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith, one cannot say for sure whether they were prophets of God or not. Some Muslims, especially certain Muslim politicians who try to appease the Hindus, say Ram Alai-his-salaam, i.e. Ram, may peace be on him. This is totally wrong, since there is no authentic proof from the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith that he was a prophet of God. However, a person may say that perhaps they may have been the prophets of God.Even if Ram and Krishna were prophets, today we have to follow the last Prophet of God i.e. Muhammad (pbuh)
Even if Ram and Krishna were prophets of God, they were only meant for people of that time and were to be followed only for that particular period of time. Today, all the human beings throughout the world, including India should only follow the last and final prophet and Messenger of God – prophet Muhammad (pbuh).”
(1. No text in Quran mentions Ram and Krishna because Muhammad was too ignorant of the traditions of the East in same way as Europe was ignorant of America before Columbus. Or else how could Allah have forgotten to mention about beliefs of more than 50% of world population then?
“The question that arises is “which revelation of God was sent to India and whether we can consider the Vedas and the other Hindu Scriptures to be the revelations of God?” There is no text in the Qur’an or Sahih Hadith mentioning the name of the revelation that was sent to India. Since the names of the Vedas or other Hindu scriptures are no where to be found in Qur’an and Sahih Hadith, one cannot say for sure that they were the revelations of God. They may be the revelation of God or may not be the revelation of God.
Even if the Veda was the word of God today you have to follow the Qur’an
Even if the Vedas and the other scriptures were the revelations from God, they were only meant for people of that time and were to be followed only for that particular period of time. Today all human beings through out the world including India should only follow the last and final Revelation of God, i.e. the Qur’an. Moreover since all the previous revelations were not meant to be followed for eternity, Almighty God did not preserve them in their original form. There is not a single religious scripture of any of the major religions which claims to be the word of God and has maintained its pure original text and is free from alteration, adulteration and interpolation. Since the Glorious Qur’an is to be followed for eternity, Allah (swt) has taken upon Himself to maintain its original purity and guard it from corruption. Allah says in Glorious Qur’an.”
(1. Here his hypocrisy is finally caught. And Dr Naik should either chop his hands or get himself lashed after consulting Islamic Criminal Law. He is suddenly in doubt whether Vedas are revelations or not. But larger part of his entire thesis rests on proving that Vedas prophesise Prophet Muhammad. If Vedas give revelations about Prophet Muhammad, population of Mecca, companions of Muhammad, and even number of leaders he fought against, what remains to have doubt on Vedas being revelations and being Prophetic by prophesising Prophet Muhammad?
Even in the Rigveda which is the most sacred scripture of the Hindus, one of the attributes given to God Almighty in Book no 2 Hymn no I verse II, is ‘Ila’ which if pronounced properly is the same as Allah.Allo Upanishad:
Amongst the various Upanishads one of the Upanishad is named as ‘Allo’ Upanishad in which God is referred to as “Allah” several times.”
(1.One does admit that Muhammad did not discover a new language (He was illiterate by the way). So he used words of the prevalent language. And Arabic definitely is derived from Vedic Sanskrit which is the mother of all languages. So Allah can derive from ‘Ila” in Hinduism. We are happy to see Dr Naik finally accepting his Vedic roots. So he should come back to the basics and start using ‘Ila’ to worship ‘Allah’. Further he should also come back to roots of ‘Naik’ which is ‘Naayak’ of Sanskrit and accept the Vedic language and worship in totality. We would be glad to teach him and help him forget his hypocritical ways.
Having concluded this commentary on Dr Zakir Naik’s research into Hinduism, we come to following conclusions:
a. If Muhammad is in Hindu Scriptures, he was a ghost, demon and mass-murderer. This is insult of both the revered Prophet and Hinduism.
b. Dr Zakir Naik and IRF is proven to have committed hypocrisy and falsehood, and hence should punish themselves as per neo-Wahabi Islamic Criminal Law (cutting off-hands, lashing or whatever)
c. The authenticity of neo-Wahabi Quran is questionable. Its is also not as prophetic as Vedas. So Dr Naik and IRF should embrace the Vedas and change their and Allah’s name as per vedic traditions.
d. In any case, challenge to Dr Naik is still open.
e. The basis of Dr Naik’s logic is Poison=Death=Rest=Peace=Islam, hence Poison = Islam
Al truth-seekers are appealed to reject the path of falsehood and embrace truth and truth alone. Or have their hands chopped off as per Islamic law.