- Vedas and Daas
- Rakshas in Vedas and Hinduism
- The reality of caste system – 1
- Vedas and Shudra
- Vedas and Dignity of Labor
- Vedas and Dasyu in Hinduism
- Is Purush Sukta of Vedas casteist?
- There is no caste-system in Vedas
- The reality of caste system – Next Move
- The reality of caste system – 2
- Brahmin, Shudra….I don’t care
…continued from http://agniveer.com/5415/the-reality-of-caste-system-2/
The goal of this series of writing was not to paint a gloomy hopeless picture and make all of feel guilty. Instead the goal is to be objective and realistic about our history and present and pave a smart way for future.
This is what needs to be done to save India and Hindus Let each of us strive for this at whatever level we can and soon the efforts would multiply into a transformation within a few years.
– Reject caste system totally in thoughts, words and actions
– Stop associating with our forefathers to defend their mistakes. This is also a form of caste system. Take collective responsibility for whatever happened. So-called birth-based Brahmins and Kshatriyas are not the only ones to be blamed. So-called Dalits and Shudras are more to be blamed. Why did they allow these fake Brahmins and Kshatriyas to usurp power and create nuisance for centuries?
Now let bygones be bygones. Stop calling yourself as belonging to any caste except humanity. Stop blaming any Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya or Shudra for whatever happened in past or happens now. Our fight is against a mindset and not persons. Our success will depend on how strongly we refuse to even accept any person by his caste in first place.
And stop the habit of defending every other thing in name of culture and tradition.
– So totally reject every scripture, every ritual, every institution that thrives on birth-based caste system. Lets say a full-stop to it, be it a great temple or festival or a book we have been taught to love since early childhood for generations.
Agniveer did not find Vedas – the first texts – to contain any support for such ridiculous unverifiable conjectures. On contrary Vedas extol for pure meritocracy. Also Vedas are free from adulterations to best of our knowledge. Hence we consider Vedas as our foundation. All other texts are acceptable only to extent they comply with Vedas. And if they advocate casteism, racism or gender bias, they are anything but scriptures. Lets reject them outright, as well as those people, institutions and rituals that defend these.
– This does not mean we reject our forefathers outrightly. Accept their good points, do keep track of deeds of your forefathers if you want to. But only as an inspiration and source of motivation. Refuse to enjoy delusion of your supremacy based on deeds of your forefathers. No one gives you a 1st Rank in University because your grandfather was a topper!
– Refuse to acknowledge any temple that refuses to accept a talented so-called Dalit as a priest. Either grab its control and install meritocracy or let such temples of hatred be boycotted. That may be the greatest pilgrim center, but publicity does not make a villain into a hero.
– Coordinate with local temples controlled by logical minds to openly accept non-Hindus as Hindus with dignity. They may do a short ritual like recitation of Gayatri Mantra and make one a Hindu. No need for any mention of any caste except that he is a human. Only adherence to certain basic lifestyle norms like food, charity, education, non-violence, worship of Supreme, equality of all human beings etc may suffice.
– Events should be organized where these Shuddhis are done at larger scale. And those taking part should be made into Brahmins who then are eligible to conduct religious rituals and be priests of temples.
– In fact special temples be opened with Dalit and erstwhile non-Hindu priests. It has started in many areas but needs to be done more aggressively.
– In so-called Dalit areas, rituals should be conducted that convert them into Brahmins who then conduct rituals of Brahminization of other Dalits. What more, these people should be provided surnames like Sharma, Tiwari, Tripathi, Chaturvedi, Dwivedi, Trivedi etc that they can legally use. This should happen in such wide scale that within few years, it becomes impossible to distinguish between a Brahmin of few years and a Brahmin of few generations. (There is no way to find Brahmins of more than a few generations in absence of credible DNA verification). Swami Dayanand used to distribute sacred thread widely to promote Vedic Dharma. We should also use this symbol to promote our mission.
– One challenge that would come is from reservation based politics which would coax so-called Dalits to continue being called Dalits and earn privileges at cost of dignity. But if wider community support programs and avenues of entrepreneurship be explored, this factor would gradually die natural death. In any case, within a couple of decades, the craze of government secured jobs is poised to die down among enlightened class of society due to much more attractive entrepreneurial and global opportunities, thanks to technological revolution.
Now due to
For complete content of this post, you can buy copy of following Agniveer book. Simply click and order your copy. Happy reading.