- Vedas and Daas
- Rakshas in Vedas and Hinduism
- The reality of caste system – 1
- Vedas and Shudra
- Vedas and Dignity of Labor
- Vedas and Dasyu in Hinduism
- Is Purush Sukta of Vedas casteist?
- There is no caste-system in Vedas
- The reality of caste system – Next Move
- The reality of caste system – 2
- Brahmin, Shudra….I don’t care
Simple Lessons on Caste System
1. Caste system is a bogus concept having no Vedic basis whatsoever
Refer http://agniveer.com/series/caste-system-3/ and specially the article http://agniveer.com/5276/vedas-caste-disrcimination/
2. All humans have all 4 castes!
Every human has all 4 qualities – Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudra – within him and for simplicity sake we can tag him with his predominant profession. However this remains a gross approximation which loses its relevance even more in current era and social system. Yajurveda 32.16 specifically prays that MY Brahmin and MY Kshatriya qualities be worthwhile! Refer article http://agniveer.com/5276/vedas-caste-discrimination/ for details.
3. There is no way to decide if so-called upper castes are actually upper, and lower-castes actually lower throughout last several thousand generations and more.
All this upper-caste and lower-caste fantasy stories are based on self-assessment and evidence of hardly a few generations. We also see that the present caste system provides an incentive for crooks to somehow attain false certificates of upper caste and fool rest of the population. Also there is no incentive for any fake upper caste to actually admit that he or she belongs to a family of Chandals because that would deprive them of their special rights and status. So in all probability, caste system would imply rule of the crooks and torture of the honest. Thus it is more likely that the honest ones now known as lower-castes are the real upper castes being duped by real low-castes! After all caste system basically means an incentive to cheat!
Traits may be inherited due to environment BUT….
4. At best we can say that certain traits run predominantly in certain families due to the environment that a newborn receives. So many professions run through generations. There is nothing wrong in it. But that does not mean that son of a doctor becomes a doctor merely by taking birth. He has to grow up, give exam and qualify for MBBS to use the Dr salutation. Same is true for every profession or Varna.
5. Further this does not also mean that
For complete content of this post, you can buy copy of following Agniveer book. Simply click and order your copy. Happy reading.