- Vedas and Daas
- Rakshas in Vedas and Hinduism
- The reality of caste system – 1
- Vedas and Shudra
- Vedas and Dignity of Labor
- Vedas and Dasyu in Hinduism
- Is Purush Sukta of Vedas casteist?
- There is no caste-system in Vedas
- The reality of caste system – Next Move
- The reality of caste system – 2
- Brahmin, Shudra….I don’t care
Simple Lessons on Caste System
1. Caste system is a bogus concept having no Vedic basis whatsoever
Refer http://agniveer.com/series/caste-system-3/ and specially the article http://agniveer.com/5276/vedas-caste-disrcimination/
2. All humans have all 4 castes!
Every human has all 4 qualities – Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudra – within him and for simplicity sake we can tag him with his predominant profession. However this remains a gross approximation which loses its relevance even more in current era and social system. Yajurveda 32.16 specifically prays that MY Brahmin and MY Kshatriya qualities be worthwhile! Refer article http://agniveer.com/5276/vedas-caste-discrimination/ for details.
3. There is no way to decide if so-called upper castes are actually upper, and lower-castes actually lower throughout last several thousand generations and more.
All this upper-caste and lower-caste fantasy stories are based on self-assessment and evidence of hardly a few generations. We also see that the present caste system provides an incentive for crooks to somehow attain false certificates of upper caste and fool rest of the population. Also there is no incentive for any fake upper caste to actually admit that he or she belongs to a family of Chandals because that would deprive them of their special rights and status. So in all probability, caste system would imply rule of the crooks and torture of the honest. Thus it is more likely that the honest ones now known as lower-castes are the real upper castes being duped by real low-castes! After all caste system basically means an incentive to cheat!
Traits may be inherited due to environment BUT….
4. At best we can say that certain traits run predominantly in certain families due to the environment that a newborn receives. So many professions run through generations. There is nothing wrong in it. But that does not mean that son of a doctor becomes a doctor merely by taking birth. He has to grow up, give exam and qualify for MBBS to use the Dr salutation. Same is true for every profession or Varna.
5. Further this does not also mean that I cannot be a doctor simply because my father was a laborer. Thankfully this is not the case. Or else the world would have been worse than Hell. After all, almost all legends who shaped the world through knowledge, inventions, discoveries and leadership were mutants who went completely against family traditions.
Caste system ruined us
6. Ever since, India started taking caste system seriously, we degraded from lighthouse of world to one of the largest debtors and beggars of the world. And western world could progress so much despite so many lacunae because they allowed equal rights to dignity to all humans regardless of birth. At height of caste-system, we saw ourselves being raped and butchered for centuries and finally partitioned in our own ancient homeland.
It is only in recent years, after caste system has dwindled significantly, that we witness some respite. Whatever nuisance remains is because of caste-system refusing to go due to its politicization. And politicization thrives because we refuse to proactively trash all those rituals, texts, customs that are based on birth-based caste system.
Negative contribution of casteist mind
7. If I ask you to provide any significant contribution of any casteist mind in last 1000 years, you would have to blame utter lack of it all on crazy conspiracy theories. But the hard fact is that apart from hollow superstitious philosophies and rituals, nothing useful was ever contributed by all the pundits of Varanasi and all holy shrines put together who had access to tremendous wealth and resources to do anything worthwhile.(refer the wealth being discovered from Padmanabhan temple for example. I wonder if they would have utilized this wealth to unite people for fighting away the invaders and establishing meritocracy).
The so-called Mlecchas like Einstein, Newton, Faraday and hundred of other path-breakers of west were more fertile minds than the ‘divinely’ inspired birth, knowledge and special gifts of Shri Hari on these birth-based pundits. The only difference was that in last 300 years, west rejected the junk of Biblical superstitions, increasingly accorded equal rights to all sections of societies. So we can conclude that a non-casteist mind of a Mleccha (considered worse than even Shudras) is thousand times more brilliant than the most ‘divine’ casteist mind.
So those who claim that upper-castes have better talents should provide evidence on what great research have their better talents produced in last 300 years to take their claims seriously?
Giving names of a few scientists like Raman or Chandrashekhar would be foolish. Because they achieved whatever they could only when they adopted studies of the Mlecchas. Their knowledge came from Mlecchas and even their outputs were acknowledged by Mlecchas alone.
Instead, one should showcase examples from centers of casteist learnings – Kashi, Kanchi, Tirupati etc – on what great breakthrough research they could bring from the classified knowledge they had owing to their superior birth? Apart from degrading a great scientific tradition to stories of cheap gimmicks and dakshina, the contribution has been meagre from these great ‘universities’.
And a non-casteist Mleccha warrior is more effective than a far more powerful and brave casteist Kshatriya. That is why despite being touted as having the bravest Rajputs, we were enslaved for centuries by even the slaves of slaves! (Refer the Slave dynasty!) We were marrying our daughters to psychopaths like Akbar despite the heroic valor! We had our Kashi Vishwanath taking recluse in a well despite power of Vedic scholars and brave divinely gifted warriors! And Ghazni raping women in premises of Somnath Temple, thanks to our birth-based caste system that allowed only specific families to be trained in warfare and then remain Hindu only if they do not get touched by Mlecchas!
And far less talented Englishmen could rule not only us but half of the globe simply because they rejected artificial discrimination within their own society!
8. But yes, India has been excellent producers of slaves and Shudras for ages. Barring few rebels, as a society, despite our tall claims of being Brahmin or Kshatriya or Vaishya, we have been licking the boots of our rulers, whosoever came to rule us. We feel pride in serving our Aakaas. Mughal armies were predominantly consisting of Rajput warriors and generals. When Haldi Ghati battle happened, it were Rajputs trying to defeat the brave Pratap! Most of the battles Shivaji fought was against so-called Rajputs and Marathas who were bootlicking the Sultanates!
So those who claim to be upper-castes and defend birth-based caste-system have in practice been not better than Shudras or Slaves as per their deeds! No doubt they had thus all the more reasons to defend their fake upper-castes!
Casteists caused decline of Hinduism
9. It were the great Pundits who closed doors of entry of forced converts back to Hinduism and thus caused the slavery and eventual partition of India. Even today, Hinduism is the only religion that has no mechanism to accept people into it except by birth. Of course, if you pay some bucks at Varanasi these days, they do convert and marry you as per Hindu rituals so that you can take photographs. Even this started after the Arya Samaj Shuddi movement which was met with stiff opposition by fake Brahmins in last century and quarter. In our definition, such people were worse than Shudras.
Many so-called fake Brahmins (fake because they cannot produce DNA records of their Brahminism) would claim that non-Hindus are allowed to be taken back to Hinduism but only as Shudras and not Brahmins or Kshatriyas! What a stupidity based on selfish power politics! A Stephen Knapp who has contributed more to the cause of Hinduism than all the pundits of Kashi put together is still disallowed from entering Jagannath Temple becuase he was not a born Brahmin! He will have to do penance in this birth and take next birth as Brahmin to get this right!
Do we need any external enemies to destroy our destiny?
We have been practicing this stupidity for ages and still do not understand. I can go to a mosque and express my desire to be a Muslim. They will then make all arrangements and make me one quickly. Church will even pay me bucks to become a Christian. But if someone goes to a temple to embrace the culture of their forefathers, first the pujari will look at him as if he has heard a queer joke. Then he would call some pundit. Depending on the location of temple, even his entry may be barred. For example, only Brahmins can enter into interiors of Kashi Vishwanath temple! Then he would be provided a list of penances so that he can become a Shudra. The penances, suggested by likes of revered Karpatriji Maharaj have included eating cow dung for several days! Other sects like ISKCON may make things easier because they are among few sects who felt importance of bringing our lost brothers back.
But then they would be called frauds by other sects. Still they cannot enter a Kanchipuram or Vishwanath or Jagannath or Dwarka temple. They cannot marry a so-called high-caste Hindu. They cannot read and teach Vedas. Even ISKCON would try to play safe and recommend that they only study Geeta and Bhagvat Puran etc.
Except Arya Samaj, no one would dare to make a Pandit teaching Vedas from a Maulana. And they are considered deviant since last 125 years. And now even Arya Samaj has become a kitty party ignoring its prime duty of destroying the caste system! They are busy conducting marriage of eloped couples and earning Dakshinas!
So would some Christian or Muslim be a fool to accept Hinduism at such cost to his or her dignity?
10. I am not blaming any individual but the mindset. The foolish caste system and the mindset that supports it is the greatest cause for all the problems of today. If we became slaves, it was because of this. If we were raped and butchered, it was because of this. If we are facing terrorism, it is because of this. And still we refuse to jettison it proactively. We know it has no basis, no foundation, and no way to verify it, but still we continue to feed the snake that has been killing our kins for centuries.
Casteists caused the Partition of India
11. Many Indians rue the partition and so-called hardline Muslim problem. But few know that Jinnah’s grandfather was a Hindu who was forced to convert due to stupid reasons. Iqbal was from family of Brahmins not even two generations ago! Our stupid caste system would make someone a Mleccha even if we ate with a ‘Mleccha’ and there was never a way back to home.
Later when legends like Swami Dayanand and Shradhanand started Shuddhi movement, and were supported by visionaries like Savarkar, the opportunistic agents of Dharma relented but allowed extremely impractical access to Hinduism as lower castes.
So the entire Muslim or Christian population of subcontinent today is only result of our own crime of caste-system that would make one outcaste at flimsiest of reason. Instead of condemning other religions and their faith, we should ask ourselves: “What do we have to offer them to bring them back with dignity?”. “What right we have to condemn them when we defend our own irrational fake scriptures that justify caste system and gender discrimination?”
Casteists should look at their own crimes first
Let us be honest with ourselves. Agniveer critically analyzes history of Islam or Quran or Bible, it does so as a scientist and not with hatred. It focuses on concepts and not people. In same vein it also has the guts to say that it throws into dustbin and puts fire to all those rubbish texts which support in any manner disgraceful blots like casteism and gender discrimination. Agniveer does not care about how emotional we may be to such a text or ritual or way of worship. It would still stand for getting rid of lices that suck our blood.
Till we can come up with this honesty, any debate on comparative religions would be a shameless veil on our own heinous crimes.
To Hell with Casteism
12. And for so-called lower castes, there was never a mechanism to become upper-caste again. We said ‘To Hell with merit’ and destiny said ‘To Hell with Hindus’!
So Agniveer now appeals to all to say ‘To Hell with those who say ‘To Hell with merit”.
…..to be continued at http://agniveer.com/5415/the-reality-of-caste-system-3/