This post is also available in Hindi at http://agniveer.com/6731/agniveer-stand-hindi/
The Agniveer site today contains a vast number of articles on various topics. It is difficult for one to assess the stance of Agniveer by reading just a few articles. While we have made our overall goal and vision clear through Site Name, Tag Line, Footer Statement, About page and Disclaimer sections, we feel it would be worthwhile to spell our stand on various issues slightly more specifically so as to dispel any confusions.
Foundation – Agniveer believes in universal humanism and refuses to accept any discrimination whatsoever on basis of religion, caste, gender, geography, race. We believe in one humanity, one family and one religion of humanity. This is the Vedic Dharma which encompasses all human beings without any discrimination.
1. Agniveer believes in Vedic Dharma as detailed in Vedic Religion in brief and accordingly in peace, tolerance, character and unity on foundations of truth and honesty. If anyone has any objections to it, we are more than eager to discuss and refine. But no one ever found any defect in it.
2. Agniveer believes Vedas – the first texts of humankind – to be obtained through inspiration of Ishwar. It does not believe in any other text to be divine. There are various compelling reasons to conclude so.
3. However, Agniveer does not believe in forcing people to blindly adopt Vedas. This is against the fundamental tenets of Vedas. The acceptance of Vedas as divine should come as a conclusion and not as an initial assumption – this is the essence of Vedas. Thus we believe that all those people who are not yet convinced of Vedas being divine are still noble and virtuous people if they follow the dictum of “Accept truth, reject the rest” and consider entire world as their own family.
4. Each individual may have his or her own viewpoint and hence it is natural that there are differences in viewpoints of Agniveer and innumerable other people, groups and cults. Agniveer favors a path of intellectual discussions rooted in familial bonding to reconcile any differences. Vedic Dharma is for entire humanity, so even if someone disagrees to us, our approach would be same as what happens among different members of the same family.
Vedic dharma is same for all humans regardless of their caste, creed, birth, gender, geography or even other belief systems so far they desire peace and bliss for all and do not push doctrines through force or deceit.
5. Agniveer believes that the 8 fold path of Yoga is the way to worship Ishwar or progress spiritually or gain true success and happiness in life. The 8 fold path is:
Yam – Non-violence, Truth, Non-Stealing, Non-Hoarding, Self-control
Niyam – Purity of thought and mind, Self-satisfaction, Putting greatest efforts, Introspection and Self-Education, Dedicating everything to Ishwar by dissolving the ‘I’
Asan – Ability to focus peacefully for prolonged time without getting impatient or physical debilities
Pranayam – Control over breathing patterns
Pratyahar – To be able to dissociate mind from external disturbances
Dharana – Focus on Ishwar and his properties
Dhyana = Continuation of this focus with deep contemplation at emotional as well as logical levels
Samadhi – Achieving the state of feeling the Ishwar without any distractions.
6. Agniveer believes in an evolutionary approach and considers that brute force approach can have the opposite implication. Thus the Agniveer approach is that of spreading intellectual and emotional awareness in most honest and peaceful manner.
7. Agniveer is strongly against birth-based caste system. And it considers that those who support it and justify denying equality of social and political rights to certain sections of people based on their birth are greatest enemies of humanity. Agniveer completely rejects all such people and all those false texts that support such shameful concepts.
8. Agniveer is strongly against those perverts and their perverted texts which consider women to have inferior rights compared to men. Vedas put women at highest pedestal and those who deny so are greatest enemies of humanity.
9. Agniveer firmly believes in concept of ‘Matruvat Paradareshu’ – all women except one single wife are equivalent to mother. It thus condemns everyone who consider women otherwise, regardless of religion, caste, society or any other man-made demarcation. It is also strongly against the entire media/ glamor/corporate/ film/ sports mafia of today that projects women as objects of lust. We consider this mafia to be the disease of the society.
Vedas state that those who earn by exploiting women should be severely punished. We oppose both incarceration of women through purdah/ burqah as well as their commercial exploitation in name of entertainment as commoditization of motherly force and strongly oppose it.
10. We completely reject the fake translations of Vedas by likes of Griffith and Max Muller. We are trying to get useful books on understanding Vedas through Downloads section. But we want to make it clear that Vedas cannot be interpreted literally using modern language. Vedic mantras are like formulae concealing truly deep essence that require deep introspection, a bit of understanding of the ancient language and ‘feeling’ the mantras rather than trying to interpret them mechanically. Vedas do not contain history or specific time bound instructions but only fundamental principles.
11. Agniveer does not claim to be Arya Samaji as alleged by many. This word ‘Arya Samaj’ has today lost its original essence due to misdirected ways of certain representatives of Arya Samaj in recent times. We however are in complete sync with the ‘original mission’ of Arya Samaj as elaborated by Swami Dayanand Saraswati who is a role model for us. Thus we are ‘Arya Samaji’ if you go by the root meaning and original mission, but not so if you want to draw any allegiance to current ‘organization’. To avoid confusions, we prefer to call ourselves only ‘Arya’ or ‘Vedic’ or ‘Agniveer’ – a word derived from vedic roots.
12. Agniveer does not believe in closed-mindset. We never claim our word to be final word of Ishwar. Hence we are open to discussions and invite all intellectuals to freely share their thoughts. The only topics on which we disallow discussions are birth-based caste system, justifying denigration of women and explicitly abusive posts.
13. Criticism does not imply hatred. We debate even with our parents and siblings and differ vocally in viewpoints but that does not mean we hate them. Similarly while we may have a large number of articles questioning prevailing viewpoints, we request everyone to not construe them as emanating from hatred.
14. Yes, we are on a conversion drive. We call it a ‘Shuddhi’ movement. We want to obtain commitment from as many people as possible to adopt Vedic Dharma as enlisted in Vedic Religion in Brief. We have already been doing so and would continue doing that albeit with more concentration. There is no bar of caste, gender or religion for this. Hindus, Muslims, Christians etc – everyone is welcome to embrace this original Vedic Dharma for entire humanity and be herself/himself a messiah of Peace, Equality, Character, Principles and Duties. In in process open doors for limitless success, happiness, charisma, excitement, enthusiasm, prosperity and purpose in life. Vedic religion is not a religion in conventional sense. Any person belonging to any religion is follower of Vedic religion if he or she believes in principle of universal brotherhood, truth, non-violence, compassion, equality and tolerance. Even belief in Vedas – the books – being divine is not a prerequisite. A person, who has not even heard of Vedas, is also a follower of Vedic Dharma if he or she adheres to core principles of truth, non-violence, compassion, accountability of actions, universal brotherhood and other noble traits discussed above.
15. Finally, Agniveer is not an individual and not even a group. It is a concept. We often mix between ‘I’ and ‘We’ because we believe in unity of spirit and hence apart from semantic difference, they both imply the same for us. If you agree with our overall vision and mission, even you are an Agniveer for us.
I request all our visitors to review the content of Agniveer in context of this overall stand. You may agree with or differ with us, fully or partially, but let not intellectual difference translate into difference in affection. Entire humanity is one family for us.
May we never hate each other
May we never wish evil for each other
May we never condemn anyone of us in Hell
May we only wish for each others’ well-being even if we differ
May we be mature enough to freely express ourselves and yet not create hostility
May we enjoy our togetherness as one family
May we continue to love each other as a mother cow loves its calf
May Peace, Tolerance, Truth, Cooperation be our weapons
May we have Shanti everywhere.
Om Shantih Shantih Shantih!