Continued from Part 1….
17. Because Vedas ask us to be tolerant of others just as we tolerate our own weaknesses.
So even if we differ from others in views, Vedas urge us to strive for unity and brotherhood. Vedas say that in world there would always be a variety of languages, customs, social norms, ideologies and cultures. But we should seek unity despite that on basis of the divinity that powers all living beings.
Many cults claim to have monopoly over truth and have punishments for those who refuse to believe in these claims of truth. As per Vedas, these are ways of insane. Because no law will force you to follow the law. E=mc^2 is law of relativity. But Einstein’s research does not say that if you don’t believe in this formula, you will be killed. Law will simply hold true irrespective of whether one believes or not. So instead of issuing a fatwa on E=mc^2, sensible scientists would try to teach relativity to deserving students so that they understand themselves and even question or improve upon the law with a better version. And if there is a genius, he can even reject the law in favor of something more complete. This is the way of Vedas.
18. Because God of Vedas does not sit on a chair on top of the sky.
Since earth is round in Vedas, this concept of 4th or 7th sky or top of sky is irrelevant as per Vedas. Instead God of Vedas refers to the source that empowers all living beings and ensures that they interact with material world as per unchangeable laws. God of Vedas does not twist its laws or show miracles or get angry or sleep or keep an army or court of angels and prophets or grant special favors to anyone. God of Vedas is present everywhere, within and outside us, unchangeable, undying, unborn, impersonal and a consistent law-keeper.
In fact the Ishwar or Paramatma of Vedas is a completely different entity from the God in other later era religious books. The similar usage of words is a cause of confusion.
19. Because earth moves round the sun in Vedas
unlike many medieval texts. Earth is not flat in Vedas. Moving a metal wire between magnetic poles generate electricity in Vedas. Gravitational and electrical forces follow inverse square law in Vedas. Orbits of planets are elliptical in Vedas. Binary logic can lead to advanced automated calculation mechanisms as per Vedas.
I am yet to see a religious book apart from Vedic university that is so scientific. All I know is that till recent, some religious cults punished belief in these scientific facts as blasphemy.
But Vedas clearly encourage such blasphemy and going against the trend.
20. Because there is no death sentence for insulting Vedas or any Vedic role model.
Idol worshippers are not worst of creatures as believed by certain cults that harbor terrorism.
21. Because all religions have complete freedom to propagate their faiths without threats as per Vedas.
Vedas say: Hindu, Muslim, Christian – I don’t care. Simply Be Human.
22. Because Vedas ask us to destroy those fanatics who nurture hatred against those who do not follow their faiths.
Anyone who believes that non-believers must be discriminated in any manner is a potential enemy of humanity. Such elements must be purged out of society so that pluralism is protected.
23. Because Vedas are against polygamy. One man – one woman is the way of Vedas.
The belief that polygamy is divine right of man is “sick” as per Vedas. It is at best a social evil that must be completely eliminated.
24. Because Vedas are against divorcing wife simply by uttering or smsing a word three times.
There can be no difference in marital rights of man and woman as per Vedas. Husband cannot beat the wife. No one can keep concubines or slaves. Property rights are same for both genders. Child marriage is wrong as per Vedas. Widow remarriage is encouraged.
25. Because women in Vedas are free to be doctors, engineers, artists, businesswomen, soldiers, politicians, state-heads, priests, teachers or drivers.
There are no divine prohibitions on career paths of women.
26. Because women in Vedas need not damage their bodies due to lack of Vitamin D caused by staying indoors and covering themselves totally in curtains.
They are free to choose any sensible decent dress without jeopardizing their freedom, health and comfort or requiring approval from some religious agent.
27. Because punishment for rape is death sentence as per Vedas, irrespective of age of culprit.
No illiterate Mohd. Afroz (main accused of Delhi rape case) can go scot-free after raping and murdering a Damini just because his fake school record claims him to be 5 months less than 18 years during his ghastly crime.
28. Because Vedas form foundations of marvelous texts like Bhagvad Gita, Yog Darshan and Upanishads.
Of all the books I have ever read, nothing matches these classics in inspiration, insights, purpose and value-enhancement.
29. Because recitation of Vedic mantras can bring psychological and physiological healing.
Vedic mantras are extremely powerful rejuvenation pills.
30. Because Vedas urge us to live in harmony with nature.
The concept of Vedas is to give as much back to world as much you take it. By our mere existence, we pollute the world. Hence it becomes a supreme duty to take proactive efforts for protecting the environment. Vedas are the first and most vocal advocates of green-technology and “Save Environment” mission.
31. Because I cannot be a Christian if I refuse to believe in Jesus. Because I cannot be a Muslim if I refuse to believe in Prophets.
In fact irrespective of my good deeds, I would be forever punished by God for my refusal to believe. Forget God, even in this world, I may be beheaded for blasphemy. If I escape official punishment because of secular laws in that country, still I may be killed by some fanatic. And then that fanatic would be hailed as ‘great’ for killing an ‘enemy’ of religion.
The only option for a rational spiritual person is Vedas – no threats, no punishments, no mandatory beliefs checklist. Only universalism and freedom to have a customized philosophy of life.
32. Because there is no conversion agenda in Vedas.
The Pope says that he aspires all people in world to become Christians. All Christian missionaries indulge in social activities with this open agenda. Zakir Naik says that a Muslim cannot get into Heaven until he has converted other people in Islam. These agents of these medieval religions want to divide world in believers and non-believers and want to reduce population of non-believers – through deceit, war, terror or bribe. They demand hatred against non-believers. Look at all the top terrorists of the world. All have a very clear agenda of destroying non-believers.
Pope says that when one becomes Christian, he must agree that Jesus is the only begotten son of God and performs all miracles including salvation.
Zakir Naik says that when one becomes Muslim, he must agree that There is no Allah but Allah, and Muhammad is his last and only reliable prophet.
So you must believe in things you have never seen, nor anyone you know has ever seen, nor is validated by scientific research. You cannot become Muslim and Christian at same time because Islam says God has no son, and Christianity says God has no prophets. And both say that unless you believe in their respective faith alone, you will burn in Hell. So it becomes a game of toss. It is like having two pistols over face. Heads – Islamic Allah shoots you. Tails – Christian God shoots you. And you don’t know which pistol is empty.
But Vedas simply have one agenda for all humans - “Be Humans” (Manurbhava). So technically there is no compulsory specific verse to agree to, when one resolves to follow Vedas. You just need to resolve to be honest and humane.
However a few popular verses are recited by many to showcase their allegiance to Vedas. Just read what these verses ask one to promise:
- Gayatri Mantra – I resolve to direct all my thoughts to the source of empowerment and enlightenment of all living beings to best of my capabilities.
- Shuddhi Mantras – I resolve to purify my mind of all forms of negative thinking, hatred, helplessness, lust, greed and strive to live a life that benefits everyone in society. I shall not discriminate on basis of beliefs, wealth, power, education when serving the society. My life is dedicated to a selfless honest service of entire world with pure heart. If I ever even thought of anything with ill intentions towards anyone in world, I humbly apologize and resolve to never do so again.
Just see why Vedas alone form foundations of a universal humane rational philosophy of life. Old is Gold! Oldest is Best!
Vedas demand us to love all, not discriminate, be tolerant of differences with others, fight against those who promote hatred on basis of theological beliefs and work for unity of all peace loving people irrespective of religion.
Nothing except Vedas are so timeless, region-less, religion-less and yet purpose oriented. One can continue the list for “Why I love Vedas!” forever.
The essence is that the only foundation for a universal religion for modern human civilization lies in Vedas – the original source.
Its is the only recipe we have to unite the world.
Lets bring Vedas to every doorstep. Lets bring Vedas to every human.
Lets get Ahead to Vedas!